Bubble algae!!

Chlorinated

Non-member
Hi everyone. Over the past several months i have had an outbreak of bubble algae. Some on the top rocks, others on base rocks that would require me dismantling my tank. What is the best solution?

I have an IM 20gal, so tangs are out. I know emerald crabs can help, but are hit and miss and if not watched can eat coral, so what do I do?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Havnt heard about using h2o2. Ive heard of using it on dynos thiug, i will look into it.

I have pulled the rocks that i can to scub off in a bucket of salt water, but its on the base rocks that i cant get at. So even thiugh i get it off the top rocks, it continues to spread.

Manual removal worked for me in the past get it while it is isolated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have experience with emerald crabs? Just afraid of them going after my corals. I feed pretty heavy so prob not an issue, but still

ive had great luck with green emerald crabs
i put 10 in my tank all diffrent sizes big and small none touched corals bubbles were gone in a few weeks

I have heard the smaller ones are better for bubble algae. Plus larger ones may go after small fish.

Just like all clean up crew, they do their job in the beginning, and then they start eating fish food that comes easier.

I have heard the smaller ones are better for bubble algae. Plus larger ones may go after small fish.
u need all different sizes small ones can only pop small bubbles
i have a big one does not go after fish mutliple time i see him and my madarin is half on top of him no problems at all but i do toss algae waffer in 1 time a month for them
i also have a Halloween Hermit Crab that eats bubble alage and cyano also cool to watch

I didnt know halloweens ate bubble angae, that neat, i really like those guys. Thanks for all the advice everyone. Maybe i will try a couple and see how they do. Maybe cut back my feeding of the fish a bit to keep them on the algae.

The fish nook in acton just got some Halloween hermits in. I opted for the blue leg hermits and conch instead. Don't the Halloween hermits get large? Would they toss corals over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back