Bubble coral

Discussion in 'Reef Talk' started by rnyce, Dec 16, 2017.

1. rnyce

rnyce Non-member

Hi guys need your thoughts. I bought a beautiful healthy green bubble coral. It's been in my tank for a three days. It seems healthy but I'm not sure it is happy? It's constantly open? Tank parameters are normal other corals are happy? Thoughts?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. aresangel

aresangel Well-Known Member Officer BRS Member

Wait... you are concerned it is happy and open? Don’t worry about bubbles if they are out. If they receded for more than two-three days then worry. First pic looks like it was trying to eat something.

Maybe try spot feeding it to give you peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. frank180reef

frank180reef Well-Known Member BRS Member

Looks great

4. Greg Hiller

Greg Hiller BRS Moderator Staff Member Moderator BRS Member

The later photos seem good, though I am a little worried about the 1st photo. I have an identical one (I've propagated it several times over the years), and it seems a little unusual to have the mouth open like that. Not sure I can tell you what is wrong (if anything) with it however. I'd just double check the usual parameters, alkalinity, temp, salinity, calcium, magnesium. You could try slowing the water flow for 30 minutes or so and feeding it some chopped up seafood (shrimp, scallops, clam, squid).

5. Curren007K

Curren007K Well-Known Member BRS Member

I'm no bubble pro, but I would guess it was either eating or expelling in the first pic.
    Looks great in the third photo!

6. mcf6188

mcf6188 Well-Known Member BRS Member

hi i saw we are in the same town . who would think that thats cool and the bubble is cool and the hammers are awesome

7. mcf6188

mcf6188 Well-Known Member BRS Member

maybe you can show me how to post on this sight