Bubble coral

rnyce

Non-member
Hi guys need your thoughts. I bought a beautiful healthy green bubble coral. It's been in my tank for a three days. It seems healthy but I'm not sure it is happy? It's constantly open? Tank parameters are normal other corals are happy? Thoughts?
4d17f32c3e87e8c2eddd29e9438495a2.jpg
17944f806dd5f4575196f0dc28ad8ffd.jpg
2a54f62b2233db43c149ef315588d581.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wait... you are concerned it is happy and open? Don’t worry about bubbles if they are out. If they receded for more than two-three days then worry. First pic looks like it was trying to eat something.

Maybe try spot feeding it to give you peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The later photos seem good, though I am a little worried about the 1st photo. I have an identical one (I've propagated it several times over the years), and it seems a little unusual to have the mouth open like that. Not sure I can tell you what is wrong (if anything) with it however. I'd just double check the usual parameters, alkalinity, temp, salinity, calcium, magnesium. You could try slowing the water flow for 30 minutes or so and feeding it some chopped up seafood (shrimp, scallops, clam, squid).

I'm no bubble pro, but I would guess it was either eating or expelling in the first pic.
Looks great in the third photo!

hi i saw we are in the same town . who would think that thats cool and the bubble is cool and the hammers are awesome

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back