Bubble tip anemone question

I have 3 currently. had 2 last night and 1 split. It has split 5 times. I think its great I bring them to Acro Gardens and trade them for frags or Merch.

Do what I did stays put and clowns love it

Attachments

• 935BA44E-D17F-40B8-B94E-3A842D8E097F.jpeg
    935BA44E-D17F-40B8-B94E-3A842D8E097F.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 196
You guys are describing the exact reason I’m concerned...lol. I love the look of them and the symbiotic relationship with clownfish is one of the coolest things in the hobby but I don’t want it to take over or destroy my tank in the worst case scenarios. I guess it’s a risk that some people get away with.

You guys are describing the exact reason I’m concerned...lol. I love the look of them and the symbiotic relationship with clownfish is one of the coolest things in the hobby but I don’t want it to take over or destroy my tank in the worst case scenarios. I guess it’s a risk that some people get away with.
If researched well and care taken the risk is very low and odds of it destroying anything are very minimal. For me it was a great learning experience that I could share with my son which far outweighs the risk at this time with what is now known within the hobby. What we took from it was, as what our tank is, a beautiful learning experience of what goes on in nature. It is something me and my son were able to and still witness, and learn from. Out of researching it together we learned that its estimated that with each successful fragging of a bta in "captivity" 10 are saved from being taken out of the wild, as one article suggested only 1 out of every 10 btas taken from the ocean make it to the home aquarium. Whether that's true or not idk but its food for thought. On top of that we learned something that seems so fragile and at times is can be extremely resilient.

Nope doesn’t leave the cup at all and he’s about 6-7. Inches when fully extended. Wish it would split already looking for a green one to put on the other side of the tank

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back