Bubble Tip Splitting or Dying

plinko60

Non-member
Ok so I have a Bubble tip, I thought was splitting, but it has stopped in the form of a giant C....... it doesn't appear to have a mouth anymore. Can anyone explain what is happening

Ok so I have a Bubble tip, I thought was splitting, but it has stopped in the form of a giant C....... it doesn't appear to have a mouth anymore. Can anyone explain what is happening
Is it bleached? Do you have a picture you can post? Ive had anemones split it in the past, some were overnight some took a week or so. It was large and seemed like it couldn't quite get a far enough stretch to split.

Link isn’t working. Bubble tips can look pretty messy when they split. They are like divorces. Some go fast and clean. Others are long drawn out messes.

IMG_0954.jpg

There was a time about 5 day ago that it almost looked like it was splitting then it came back together in this C shape, you can see the gap where the mouth is supposed to be..... He doesn't seem to be dying

Could be it needs more light. Have you tried spot feeding it some chunky food? Clams etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of light and how many watts is this under?
That is a very bleached out. I don't think I would even try spot feeding as it might be too much for it.
If spot feeding go with small stuff like thawed mysis shrimp. This young man does a good job explaining the reason and fix.

Last edited:
ok so i was under the assumption the clown would feed it..... i am going to try feeding it very little at a time a few times a week..... i have a biocube 32 LED

I disagree with one thing mentioned in the video. I have 500 watts metal halide and over 100 watt
t5 actinic and hardly ever fed the many rbta I kept. The lighting was enough.

I disagree with one thing mentioned in the video. I have 500 watts metal halide and over 100 watt
t5 actinic and hardly ever fed the many rbta I kept. The lighting was enough.
Anyone can make cool video on youtube. The internet is filled with... you know what.
Anemone can take very high light and you can find bubble tips anemone in shallow tidal pools that blasted over a thousand PAR under the sun.

15.6% change every week or two,.... nO later than 2 weeks, No skimmer. no carbon reactor i am hanging chemipurer elite in first chamber and running activated carbon filter in second with small amount of filter floss below thats it, I have 2 OC clowns, 1 shrimp goby, two clown gobys. So i don't think i am over bio load.....especially changing water so frequently.

What type of led light? The stock one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes stock i turned rock he was on to face light and fed him tiny bits of krill seems to be doing a little better filling out more etc.... though it looks like it tried to split and has two mouths, but is still together at a point.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back