Budget reef's 3 gallon nano frag tank build

Budget_Reef

Non-member
15886126566224393877896609952927.jpg

Just finished leak testing and building my new nano frag tank. It is around 3.3 gallons with a custom frag shelf put together with super glue egg crate and PVC it is the first tank I have ever built, started of with 3 12 by 12 acrylic sheets the company sent me to thick and with some scratches but it should do fine. The dimensions are 12 by 12 by 6 still working on the stand I will keep you updated! The frag tank will be mainly used for selling and keeping/fragging zoas and soft coral with some variation. Silicone was gorilla silicone clear, used acrylic cement but left it out to long in the sun and became brittle and bubbly.

Just some food for thought, acrylic and silicone do not bond. Yes, it may hold for now but won't last for long. Better safe than sorry.

Just some food for thought, acrylic and silicone do not bond. Yes, it may hold for now but won't last for long. Better safe than sorry.
Yes i understand they do not bond, it does stick very well and adds more of a wall against the seams this tank is not permanent and if things do go wrong I am always up for another challenge and will probably build another one just temporary.

Back