Bulb replacement - how much per month

Armando

v 4.0
Did the math and just found out that I spend $90 per month in halide bulb replacements.
Bellow.gif

armando you have a lot of light's....
but just remember,hobby - hob?by - NOUN: a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation.

i know. for some reason "stressful hobby" doesn't sound quite right!

when i talk about lighting with my non-reefer friends who visit me they always ask me "isn't there anything better"? It looks like the T5 folks tried hard but quite didn't make it. Hopefully a new technology less expensive, cooler, energy-saving will come along in the future.

Last edited:
I found a different explanation of hobby:

A subject or plan upon which one is constantly setting off; a favorite and ever-recurring theme of discourse, thought, or effort; that which occupies one's attention unduly, or to the weariness of others; a ruling passion

Scuba_Dave said:
I found a different explanation of hobby:

A subject or plan upon which one is constantly setting off; a favorite and ever-recurring theme of discourse, thought, or effort; that which occupies one's attention unduly, or to the weariness of others; a ruling passion
sounds like an addiction to me....

reefsmurf said:
Well hopefully LEDs will come along soon. They are more energy efficient and the bulbs last longer.

when they do it will make halides look cheap....at least in the automotive idustry the prices are unreal.....

Ever been messing around in the tank and cause a rockslide that results in an
impromptu frag session. You tell me that's relaxing.

My kids gets more enjoyment watching me stress out over my hobby :)

Tort???? Where'd it go? :)

Y'know... my wife says that reefing is good for me. Seriously... I'm a self diagnosed obsessive compulsive.. My wife calls it the "hobby of the month". Coin collecting, Metal Detecting, you name it... been there.. done that. She is totally suprised that I've been reefing now (and totally focused) for more than two years.

I may be healed!?!?!?

< D >

JustDavidP said:
Tort???? Where'd it go? :)
To my frag tank to be raised and sold :p

JustDavidP said:
My wife calls it the "hobby of the month". Coin collecting, Metal Detecting, you name it... been there.. done that. She is totally suprised that I've been reefing now (and totally focused) for more than two years.
< D >
Good. When you decide to move to the next hobby and sell everything very cheap let us know :D j/k

dont worry marvin my cube is not a cube either....i think its closer than yours though....J/K...

Armando, why would be it $90/mo? And don't forget to add that to your electric bill! My average bill, including air conditioning, for 1 month this summer was $144. Not too bad I guess....

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back