Ca reactor shutdown during feed mode??

Cpage101

Current BRS Vice President
Officer
BRS Member
I just set up my first CA reactor on my 120g. I was wondering when I do feed mode with my apex, what should shut down on the reactor? feed pump, reactor pump ore all three feed pump, reactor and co2 solenoid?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you have a ph probe in the reactor and are using the controller to control the solenoid (ph in the reactor) then you shouldn’t need to shut anyting down, the controller will do it automatically if the ph goes below target range.

Ca reactors should run 24x7 and set based on consumption of elements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes why are you shutting down your Calcium reactor when feeding? Are you feeding it off your return pump or something? It really should have a dedicated feed pump so there is no fluctuation in flow rate through it. If it has that then run 24/7 and control pH with the apex to open/ close solenoid.

yes why are you shutting down your Calcium reactor when feeding? Are you feeding it off your return pump or something? It really should have a dedicated feed pump so there is no fluctuation in flow rate through it. If it has that then run 24/7 and control pH with the apex to open/ close solenoid.

mj1200 is how feed is fed. just started using solenoid and ph probe for ph lever required. thanks

mj1200 is how feed is fed. just started using solenoid and ph probe for ph lever required. thanks

So why would you want to turn it off when feeding the tank?

I was concerned as it fed back into the sump i thought it would throw things off while it was in feed mode without the return pump running.

I was concerned as it fed back into the sump i thought it would throw things off while it was in feed mode without the return pump running.

nope not a concern, it does not change water paramters that fast, leave it running

nope not a concern, it does not change water paramters that fast, leave it running

yup I learned lol!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back