Can a fish be this fat and be ok?

~Flighty~

Now with more baby
This Lawnmower Blenny has been in the tank for about two weeks. He always is active, alert, and obviously eating well, but he is so fat. I mean fatter than fat. He can perch on his belly and his little fins don't touch the sand. First thing in the morning he looks a little less fat, but then he eats and eats and eats.

Seriously, does this little guy have a problem? could it be a parisite or something?? Should I put him on Jenny Craig?

Attachments

• DSC01467.jpg
    DSC01467.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 344
Another one over here, ours looks like he swallowed a marble ...A nice big breaker!

I think they are all fat, can't tell by this picture but he sure is.

Jim

Last edited:
Fat and Happy!
One of the best "personalities" in the tank!
BTW
Jim awesome Pic!

Any one else's lawnmower blenny seem very inquizitive? If im at the tank he will swim right up to the glass and almost stand up and watch me.... it does it almost every time...Makes is one of my favorite fish, cause it definetly has a personality.

whats everyone feed these guys? do they just eat the flake and meety food put in the tank or do you use algae plates or whatever like some say to-

I've never seen mine eat anything I put in the tank. He only grazes off the rock and glass, but he NEVER STOPS. The fish goo I feed includes macro algaes, but he is more interested in the fresh-grown stuff.

wanted to add mine , he seems to have trouble breathing when he's full!! :cool:

Attachments

• NateBday 018.jpg
    NateBday 018.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 208
Diddo, mine is chubby, but only eats algae off rocks and diatoms off the glass with kissy marks. And his personality makes him most popular with my family.

You have to wonder why Mother Nature would give the little guy eyebrows like that, you know?

Mine is also always eating and is fat! Mine does a little dance when you watch him. It's really funny. He also never eats any thing i feed my fish.

I can't get enough of the lip marks on the glass. Mine changes color a lot too. Sometimes he is almost all white, sometimes all black, sometimes striped.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back