Can i use this lowes carbon on my rodi ?

AlbertG

(BadPapi)
LOWES FILTER
FILTER.jpg THESE ARE 11.969 FOR TWO
Reduces sediment, chlorine taste and odor, sand, silt and rust
Carbon block filter provides better tasting water throughout your home
5 Micron Filter – the lower the micron rating the more particles or contaminants removed by a whole house filter
Each cartridge has a 3 month filter life
Universal Fit - guaranteed to fit all major brands of standard size whole home water filtration systems including Whirlpool, Omni, Culligan, Watts, Filtrete, 3M, GE, and DuPont
NSF Certified - 3rd party tested for contaminant removal, efficiency, and structural integrity

BULK REEF FILTER
208658_chlorine_voc_5micron-a_3.jpg THIS ARE 10.99 FOR 1 PLUS SHIPPING
BRS 5 Micron VOC & Chlorine Carbon Blocks are specially formulated for industry leading chlorine and VOC reduction. The result is a filter that can treat almost double the volume of water than any other 5 micron carbon block in our industry which leads to saving money on filter changes in the long run.

Chlorine 15,000 @ 1 GPM*
5 µm (Micron) Nominal Filtration*
VOC Reduction*

I HEAR FROM SOMEONE HE USES THE HOME DEPOT OR LOWES CARBON FILTERS FOR HIS RODI .
ITS THAT OK TO USE ON MY RO ?. AND WHATS ARE THE DIFFERENCE FROM THE REGULAR ONES ON BRS OR OTHER SUPLIERS .

Alberto...how you doing today? did you see my message?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we are talking about the prefilters before the membrane I reluctantly say it will probably work, but being in the water filtration business and servicing RO's as my day job I will say it's quality and it's capacity to remove contaminants is severely less than the one from BRS or any actual filter supplier(I buy these bulk for like 50 cents a piece) BRS just has a nice sticker on it. So I would find a supplier of those better filters somewhere else for cheaper and not use the low quality Home Depot option, consider the carbon make up, was it acid washed? Prerinsed? Are you putting a granulated before hand to reduce clogging of the block?

Since we are talking about the prefilters before the membrane I reluctantly say it will probably work, but being in the water filtration business and servicing RO's as my day job I will say it's quality and it's capacity to remove contaminants is severely less than the one from BRS or any actual filter supplier(I buy these bulk for like 50 cents a piece) BRS just has a nice sticker on it. So I would find a supplier of those better filters somewhere else for cheaper and not use the low quality Home Depot option, consider the carbon make up, was it acid washed? Prerinsed? Are you putting a granulated before hand to reduce clogging of the block?
thanks for the info !

Can you point me the right direction ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back