Can torch corals touch?

Mill

BRS Member
If I put these two closer together could they sting each other?

Attachments

• 93342C31-59B6-4869-8F46-37DC8CA2C814.jpeg
    93342C31-59B6-4869-8F46-37DC8CA2C814.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 670
You would have to look up the scientific name of the euphyllia to see if they are the same family. Frogspawn, octospawn, hammers are in the same family so they can be in a garden together. Torches should be fine together, but with their prices now I would play it safe rather than sorry.

Tim

I've heard anecdotally that some torches dont play well with others.
I'm gonna guess Indo vs Aussie?

I want my torch garden. Lol
Why there is almost no water movement in the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want my torch garden. Lol
Why there is almost no water movement in the video?

I’m guessing he/she wants to keep the tentacles from getting super long

I think the video is staged.

I’ve tried it once awhile with a black torch and it died a couple days after. I’ve always been curious if people put them near each other just for a short time to make a video.

In case you were worried about tentacles touching, in my experience you can trim the torch tentacles just like you would a plant. The cut end will develop a ball tip. Did it to mine and it healed back to normal in less than a week.

Wouldnt be much of a " torch garden " if it was only for a short video. Mine have always been together even as I add new ones. They were on rock work but now they are just waiting for there new system to go up. Depending on the time of day at some points they all open enough that aside from coloring they look like one giant torch. I give just enough space so they can open but they always touch never had a single issue. And that's with both aussie and indo torchs together. In my experience torchs are torchs doesnt matter where they are from they can coexist together.
20190601_174641.jpg

Wouldnt be much of a " torch garden " if it was only for a short video. Mine have always been together even as I add new ones. They were on rock work but now they are just waiting for there new system to go up. Depending on the time of day at some points they all open enough that aside from coloring they look like one giant torch. I give just enough space so they can open but they always touch never had a single issue. And that's with both aussie and indo torchs together. In my experience torchs are torchs doesnt matter where they are from they can coexist together. View attachment 126995

That's good to know Sean, So different oceans, still the same species/family?

I know in the past I tried a torch and tried to make a euphyllia garden and ended up with a dead torch and a pissed off octospawn. I know now they are not friendly with each other.

Yea I have 0 clue how the genetics of coral works but I've always done torchs with torchs of any area or type never had 1 issue. I just make sure they dont crowd each other like anything else but mine overlap each other all the time.

That's good to know Sean, So different oceans, still the same species/family?

I know in the past I tried a torch and tried to make a euphyllia garden and ended up with a dead torch and a pissed off octospawn. I know now they are not friendly with each other.
Torches are touchy, it might have been something else

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back