Can you believe this

Throw it out and see if it sticks, lots of retailers will be doing this soon I think, not just in reefing. Oh my. RBTA all day.

Oh yeah! Nobody knows who it is yet. Deal is suppose to finalize at the end of the month.

Highly doubt the new acquisition has anything to do with the pricing we're seeing.
LA prices have been all over the place since the pandemic started.
Colorado Sunburst with known lineage range $1600-$3000
How much is worth depends on the type of buyer.

I just saw this on divers den

If this is the case then I got my nem pretty damn cheap from @MofoCorals lol. The description they give is my nem in all. Idk guy I think L.A finally lost their marbles lol
The photo on the DD is not the best photo to ID this anemone as Colorado Sunburst, it does show the orange/yellow tips with green base, but the oral disc is not visible nor the column.

But if you go with the description, which indicates that the said anemone has strips (or marbled) on its oral disc, with a smooth purple column with green, it does sounds like a real deal.

The key aspects to ID a Colorado Sunburst are:
1. Orange or yellow tips, depending on the lighting it is under.

2.Most likely stringy tips but round bubbles can be obtained under very strong lighting such as metal halide with warmer color temperature.

3.Marbled/stripped oral disc.

4. Purple or maroon base column. Now here come a fine detail: you should be able to see some green dust like patterns on the base column.

It is not that much harder to keep than other rainbow BTA. It is a color variation of rainbow BTA which follow all the care requirements of rainbow BTA.

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back