Can you get a natural looking light from LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I say coral farm use photon LED?

I am not aware any large deployment of Photon LED on coral farm.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don’t, why you think I am pushing photon led?

Below is a picture of the acctual spectrum that the zoozenthelle need to make energy. The buy product of this energy feeds corals. So how is a bump at 660 bad??? Last i checked zoozenthelle are very important to corals

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-30-21-48-07.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-30-21-48-07.png
    318.5 KB · Views: 170
Many large coral farms use sunlight, supplemented with metal halide and t5.
That is the most cost effective way for coral growth.

Ooo idk maybe cause thats what you make money on. Stupid me I shouldnt listen to the multitude of paper and videos and reefers exsperience I should just trust the guy selling them.

Many large coral farms use sunlight, supplemented with metal halide and t5.
That is the most cost effective way for coral growth.

Mh cost effective lmao ok if you just gunna make stuff up there is no point. Thanks for the meaningless graph and the read from photon sales page.

Where is the photon sales page?

Josh what do you think cause I have yet to see a polyp out at dongs and urs seem to be super hairy.

This is getting silly, I am done with you sir. Happy reefing.

Which part of that was in true?

First, Radion is not widely used in farming coral, it is a poor choice for farming coral due to its high cost and over driven led chips that lower the lifespan. The G3, which is still the most installed version, has a power factor of 55%. The fan on G4 is constantly on due to build up of moisture on the computer board.

2nd, if you actually read the AB+ white paper published by Ecotech, you can see they choose the species of sps that favor strong blue spectrum for their study.

Can you show me any facts that radions are not widely used in farming corals? Because I’ve been to a ton and most are running radions lol and not only for SPS.

Not too sure as why someone goes from one level to the next, this is a reef club, we're not going to tolerate the unprofessionalism towards anyone. Sponsor or no sponsor, everyone should be treated with respect here. I'm not singling anyone in particular here but it needs to stop. Whomever feels the need to continue to comment negatively and keep trying to stir the pot, you're going to find yourself no longer welcome here. I've been involved in this club since 2004 in one form or another, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let a couple of people ruin it for others. Let's all grow up and act like adults and as Mike W. used to say "Lighten up, it's just a freakin fish club".

Do not feel the need to comment on this thread anymore as it is now closed. If you have a problem email me at biggiepauls33 (at) bostonreefers (Dot) org

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back