Cancel membership

Codeman

Cody the Fish Guy
Please cancel my membership, I have not been active here in a long time. I was just charged a recurring paypal charge that I cannot figure out how to get refunded or turn off the recurring charges. I do not red a membership and would like it refunded as I do not attend the club or meetings. Thanks

Hi,

That is a pay pal setting that we do not control. You need to go into your paypal settings and look for something like "reccuring payments" (I don't recall the exact directions to turn the auto pay off, but I'll try to find them for you).

It should be no problem to have your payment that just went through refunded. Let me or wilfix now if there is any issue.

Edit, this link tells how to access the pay pal settings;
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?138081-How-to-tell-if-I-am-enrolled-in-auto-renew

I will refund your payment, but like John said you need to go to your PayPal account to turn off the recurring payment feature.

Thanks all, could not find the recurring payments thing, PayPal keeps changing everything up now that they're separate from eBay.

Thanks all, could not find the recurring payments thing, PayPal keeps changing everything up now that they're separate from eBay.

Are you still unable to figure it out? The link I posted was old so things certainly could have changed. Let us know if you're stuck and I'll go into mine and try to figure it out. The BRS appreciates member's support, but not against their will :)

I suspect that paypal likes to keep people locked in so they can keep collecting their 3%. I can only imagine how many people have these recurring charges for all sorts of things they have forgotten about.

-Go to paypal and log in
-Then click on the gear icon next to the log out button(top right)
-Then click on preapproved payments (bottom right)
-In the list of subscriptions click on Boston Reefers Society Inc
-At the bottom of that page will be a cancel option button

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back