Candy cane coral skeleton showing

Just small colony's :p I literally have 2 tanks full of them haha, they grow like weeds for me, but lower flow, medium>high lighting more in the white then blue range, and never on the sand has been my success IMO. Im not going to bother arguing that, but it has worked for me extremely well. Your new light will probably bring a massive increase in growth. Those biocube lights are horrible. I run a 16g biocube as a shroom, and sponge tank, and that's all it'll grow really. Check out reef breeders as a option, Dong ( acro garden ) is a authorized seller last I knew, and can hook you up. I got mine off him 2 or 3 years ago, I run it still on my 60g cube, and paid probably half the price of a AI prime. I am noticing it isn't as good as it was, and will probably swap it out for my aquamedic MH w/T5 but for the price you can't complain. I also run 2x 5 year old galaxyhydro's on a 40b. One thing to really consider though is if your ok with the daily turn on, turn off, and ramp up lighting through manual adjustment or automated. Automated function is very appealing to consider in whatever you choose.

Your acan might do best long term on a small rock island so it can bleed out grow, the torch setup in a manner where it can blossom into a tree form, so maybe glue a cyclinder rock/rock rubble as its trunk, and glue that torch to the top and let it enwrap that pedestal over time.
Thanks that helps a lot. I’ve already ordered the al prime cause I got it used for cheap from Mandarin, I’ll try that with the acan and hammer.

also would you by any chance know of anyone who is selling a cheap 20 gallon waterbox? Or any aio 20 gallon rimless. I would trade for the Biocube or even sell the Biocube if anyone’s interested without livestock. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back