CaribSea Belize Branch Review

Aros

BRS Member
Since you can’t buy Tonga branch anymore I figured I’d give this product a try. I was able to buy 40 lbs for $170 at saltwateraquarium.com which isn’t so bad for branching rock.

Most reviews you find online will warn you about the branches getting broken in transit. I was going to cement them together anyway so I wasn’t too worried.

The package came as 2 20lbs boxes taped together and each branch is bubble wrapped. Of all 15 pieces I had 2 that were broken. Not bad.

These branches are pretty good sized and most had 2 prongs. Some had 3. And in each box was a single straight piece. Not sure if that’s on purpose or not. Each piece is pretty heavy and the color looks pretty nice.

My plan was to make a single long branching structure for sps in my next tank. I used AF stone fix to keep them in place and that product is AMAZING. Dries in about 15 minutes rock solid.

This product is coated with a dry bacteria started used to cycle tanks quicker. I won’t be measuring that part of it but people say it works pretty well.

Anyway, here’s the finished product.

55543a4fe039d25b2076b4ab3b62d74d.jpg
4c8b1a634663b80b6b961aa1b3ec76e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that looks great. It's nice to see how much 40 lbs is thanx for posting. I've had 20 lbs life rock in my tank for 2 years now with no negative affects it is very dense though.

Wow that looks great. It's nice to see how much 40 lbs is thanx for posting. I've had 20 lbs life rock in my tank for 2 years now with no negative affects it is very dense though.

Thanks! Yeah there isn’t too much info on them on the web.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are nice tube sponges growing on the life rock in my tank. It's the only rock it grows on. Could be flow at that side of sank.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back