Chaeto Max Refugium LED

mvallee

Non-member
When my Chaeto stopped growing I thought it might be time to invest in a better refugium light so I pulled the trigger on a Chaeto Max refugium light.

First impression stinks. The cord does not come apart to snake through any normal size opening in a reef aquarium cabinet, what cabinet has a big enough opening to put that transformer through and the orientation of the plug is all wrong for any reef controller power bar like the Reef keeper I am running. Now I need to run a separate extension cord or use another timer. Seems like a no brainer to anyone serving the reef community to take these design elements into consideration.

I did plug it in and it is nice and bright, I will figure out how to plug it in tomorrow and give an update

IMG_20200403_150656.jpg

pleasantly surprised by this little unit, I did have to add another 4' extension cord to my squirrels nest of wires but other than that very solid, easy to mount, looks nice, has some blues in the array so the couple straggler corals I have in there fluoresce and it's nice and bright.

big improvement over the bulb in the work light fixture I had been using for two years.

chaeto had started growing again once I started supplementing Iron so I expect it to really take off now.

just so you can see the array of lights here is a quick pic

IMG_20200404_084746.jpg

I just got the kessil h80 for my chaeto. I cant wait to get it over the chaeto and get more growth. I can keep you updated on it if you would like

What do u guys supplement when you comment on "adding iron"? What qty and method/frequncy of adding?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back