Changed my name from ADW to Alex

Bec first of all stop lurking don't you have pond people to hang with? :p

Sorry to confuse people. After signing a million PMs Alex I figured it would make a hell of a lot more sense to use my real first name instead of ADW. I contacted one of the mods and they were willing to let me change it becuase I was using my actual name. All they asked was that I put formerly ADW under my username.

I like the move, been thinking of doing the same thing myself.

Message board nicknames are fine when you never ever use your real name with the group of people, or otherwise want to stay anonymous.

When dealing with the same people personally, the nicknames get a bit awkward if not downright silly.

That was my thinking as well.

I like "has anyone seen Alex" more than "has anyone seen ADW"

On a site like RC it doesn't make a difference but I wanted to get to know people better not stay anonymous.

Bec how's that new 240 coming? Now that the pond is all frozen over I know you miss fragging corals, doing water changes, and cleaning out skimmers. ;)

Message board nicknames are fine when you never ever use your real name with the group of people, or otherwise want to stay anonymous.

When dealing with the same people personally, the nicknames get a bit awkward if not downright silly.

Whatever do you mean? :D

Back