Changing into a cube soon

this is me

I like turtles
BRS Member
I'm thinking about upgrading to a 37 Oceanic cube. Well, almost a cube. 24x18x22. It looks really nice and i want it.
How hard is it to change from one tank to the other? Any suggestions and idea on how to do this?

TheUltimateNoob said:
if you're gonna go bigger than your 29, why not go a lot more bigger than 8 gallons? 55? 75? just wondering. haha.

I like cube.
its fits in my room!:D
Have you seen it? Its really nice!

Yes, indeed........
Now, when i do switch(maybe in a month or so). I think i'll take down my 4" DSB and only use it to fill 2" sandbed. And the rest can go in the sump. Good idea?
C'mon guys, talk!

this is me said:
I'm thinking about upgrading to a 37 Oceanic cube. Well, almost a cube. 24x18x22. It looks really nice and i want it.
How hard is it to change from one tank to the other? Any suggestions and idea on how to do this?
Where are you getting the cube from?
I don't want to anger anyone with a negative reply.

Moe_K said:
Where are you getting the cube from?
I don't want to anger anyone with a negative reply.

petsmart has the 37oceanic for 149. which is not a bad price.
the 30gal was 129. i know this one was on sale a couple months ago for 100.

Okay then...
I'd not go with a cube. They're hard to light, and hard to aquascape.
Plus, your choice of fish is somewhat limited. I wouldn't put a tang in a cube.

TIM,

I think you're on the right track. A cube tank can be really beautiful. There are gorgeous small fish you can keep in a cube that would get lost (visually) in a large tank. Gobies, for example, are beautiful. Or seahorses, pipefish, or a zoo tank. Bigger is not necessarily better. Take a look at nano reef forums and you'll find gorgeous tanks.

BTW I am not trying to sell you my cube, I just posted here because you would save $ if you buy a used one and these don't come very often. And there's no such thing as 30G and 37G cube. It's a 24x22x18 tank, only one model.

yeah, I too need to know how hard it is to move from one tank to another. (90g cracked)

how long do you guys think the cycle would be on the new tank assuming I reuse most of the water. (and my sand of course)

Start a thread on moving tanks.
Also I'd recommend a search over on RDO and RC. Lots of great info out there.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back