~~ Clam Group Buy! ? :) ~~

LoveTheReef

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
One of my trusted suppliers has a ton of clams in; both big and small!

Do we want to do a clam group-buy?

Sm. Blue Maximas: $60ea
Sm. Gold maximas: $55 ea
Lrg. Blue Maximas: $85 ea

These are mari-cultured clams from Tahiti.

Please note, there is some speculation that clams from Tahiti do not fare well in our aquariums due to salinity levels. While I can not attest to the following personally, my supplier mentioned: "The reason might be because clams coming from Tahiti are collected from waters with higher salinity than what's found in our aquariums. The salinity of the water when the clams came in was at 1.029. We bring up the salinity of our systems to 1.029 when we receive these clams, and slowly bring it down to the levels seen in the home aquariums of around 1.026. We have had some of these clams for as long as 2 months and have not had any major casualties (8 out of 200)."

Hope that helps and let me know soon! :)

- Archit

Good question :)

Small are 2.5"+ (I'll request them all to be approx 3" size as I've had the best luck at that size with clams).

Large will be around 5" or so.

Thanks!

- Archit

not even close.

I don't think we'll be doing this. Best time to get clams (or corals for that matter) is when they first come in, because that way we can get the cream of the crop. With every passing day, more ultras go out and more 'mediocre' stuff is left; and I really don't want to bring in 'mediocre' stuff :)

Lol damn, I just bought a maxima on Sunday before having seen these. Laaame! Good luck with the sale. This is a great deal too. If mine (god forbid) doesn't make it i'll keep this in mind.

Are you still interested in ordering Maxima clams? I am looking for a small one. Thanks.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back