WTB Clam

ileas

BRS Member
Ive been running my 125 for 8 months now and im ready for a clam. What are some cheaper (I know they aren't $30) options?

Aquatic Nerd

(Formerly SeventyTimes7) Yung Jacques Cousteu
BRS Member
Officer
Ive been running my 125 for 8 months now and im ready for a clam. What are some cheaper (I know they aren't $30) options?
Petco gets derasas often and they are on the cheaper side. However will likely be small. Smaller they are the tougher they are to keep

ileas

BRS Member
Petco gets derasas often and they are on the cheaper side. However will likely be small. Smaller they are the tougher they are to keep
Sounds good, i read that usually 3 inches is a good start. I run black box leds is that going to be an issue?

Aquatic Nerd

(Formerly SeventyTimes7) Yung Jacques Cousteu
BRS Member
Officer
I had a squamossa under black blackboxes, it grew very well, and very fast.
In the end idk what ended up happening but gone overnight. Had it for a year or so.

Chris A.

Formally toomanyfish
BRS Member
Officer
I wouldn’t be adding phyto every day to your tank unless you think hair algae is pretty. On that note a lot of people don’t believe that clams need to feed including smaller clams as long as you’re not running a ultra low nutrient tank. I purchased a squamosa from petco last year that was around 2-2.5 inches and still have it.
58383AFE-DEF8-4F9B-96E1-CF032317CA30.jpeg

ileas

BRS Member
I wouldn’t be adding phyto every day to your tank unless you think hair algae is pretty. On that note a lot of people don’t believe that clams need to feed including smaller clams as long as you’re not running a ultra low nutrient tank. I purchased a squamosa from petco last year that was around 2-2.5 inches and still have it. View attachment 127763
My hair algae is pretty lol. Its fresh phyto not the nitrate raising one, its actually different believe it or not

ileas

BRS Member
My hair algae has been an ongoing struggle regardless but my cube gets 2 oz and is fine

Upcoming Events

Sunday December 29, 2019
December Meeting
12 to 4 pm
Framingham Elks
450 Union Ave
Framingham, MA 01702