Clownfish and Anemone

pauldrapeau

Non-member
Background:

I've had this clownfish since my very first tank. I adopted it from someone who was taking down their tank. My wife and daughter have named him Señor Clown although I have numerous times reminded them Señor Clown is probably not a Señor...

Anyway... I've had this fish in various tanks for over 13 years a least and as far as I know Señor Clown has never had an anemone in a tank. A few weeks ago I went to LoveTheReef with my daughter and took advantage of the BTA sale. Señor Clown INSTANTLY hosted in this anemone as soon as it attached and stopped moving. Just amazing to me how nature works. Everyone is happy and the anemone is growing, Señor Clown is protecting it from anything that may come close... Very cool... :)

34Rv9jP.jpg

Awesome! I have 5-6 btas in my tank right. Is. My clowns actively host and spawn in one, but will run themselves in each and every one of them to keep he lonely outcast perc I have on the other side of the tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky, I’ve had my clowns in a tank with two BTA’s and it’s been 8 months and neither have even come close to the nems.

I was in the same boat with my clowns hosting BTAs, they gave it no attention. until I added a Magnifica anemone. Took a day max and they hopped right in.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back