Clownfish eggs

jah-hoeva

Non-member
Anyone ever had clowns lay some fresh eggs just days after a clutch hatched?

After their first clutch it was almost a month or so before their second. These guys did not waste anytime with this batch!

They hatch in abouth 14 days tops . So if the where there allmost a month i believe they where gonne

Haven't had my clowns brood yet, but if it's anything like my freshwater experiences, if the eggs retain color they were fertilized, if they turn white and/or fuzzy they are no good.

No, after their first clutch hatched, it was about a month before they laid more eggs. This most recent clutch was laid just a few days after their last clutched hatched.

No, after their first clutch hatched, it was about a month before they laid more eggs. This most recent clutch was laid just a few days after their last clutched hatched.
Oh ok my bad ,
Yes that its exactly how my clowns do .
Hatch and tops 3 days she be laying again .

Everyone but the benghis and clowns are asleep. I killed the flow when I noticed them and they all came to the light to say what's up!

Not yet. Not setup to raise them. We may try in the future. I did notice a few made it to the refugium but there is no way they will survive.

It's extra work. I tried with dwarf cichlids and it's not worth it unless you have a definite buyer/store lined up. It is fun though!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That's awesome! Mine are starting nesting behaviors. Maybe I should be setting up a breeder tank soon. The video is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So cool! Mine started laying in march and they lay every 12 days about- sometimes it's a day or two early or late- it's a great experience! Let me k is if you want to hear about how I do it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back