Clownfish with disease

mrcote1

Non-member
So I have three fish in quarantine right now, this is my forst time ever doing quarantine and I have two gladiator clowns and a starry blenny. I noticed the starry blenny started biting his tail and flashing a lot then the next one of my gladiator clowns were. Now both gladiator clowns have what appears to be very small white dots on them and one of them has a loss of appetite and swimming in one corner on the bottome which is unusual. I had ich wipe a tank out like 6 years ago and got out of the hobby and I dont think it looks like ich. Its either velvet or brook. Its too early.to see the spots well but I stare at them in the tank for a long time daily so I caught it early.

Meds I have on hand are prazipro, coppersafe, paraguard, metroplex and focus, and cupramine. Acriflavine should be here in about 3 or 4 days. I have been administering metroplex and focus in their food for 4 days now, and did a dose of prazipro yesterday. Should i stop prazipro, and immidiately start copper? And should i start doing freshwater dips to all fish to buy time until acriflavine arrives then do acriflavine dips as well as copper? Ive read all the R2R posts and researched and am still confused on if I can do a Fw dip and acriflavine at the same time as treating with copper. really dont want to lose more fish, ive battled and lost far too many times to diseases and would like to win this round without overstressing and killing the fish too.
Thank you

I guess my main concern is I have all of these medications at my disposal and my main instinct is to dump everything in to try and kill this disease. What can I safely do to treat this as aggressively as possible whether it is velvet or brook?

First of all, freshwater dip is out. It wont work on ich, brook not velvet. Most parasite cyst will be more tolerable to freshwater than the host.
If you dump all med in, you can be sure that the fish will die. It is very difficult to diagnose at this time, clownfish most likely carry brook if it was exposed to it in the previous tank.
Where did you get the clownfish anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And so would you suggest just stopping all other meds and begin getting copper to treatment range?

How long do you have the clownfish?

About 2 weeks, then i got the blenny about 5 days ago and symptoms started show8ng yesterday

Last time I had ich I tried copper treatment. The copper killed the fish not the ich.

So be careful. Diagnose if you can first then use the proper medication.

It is certainly white spots with a lot of flashing. It is either velvet or ich i am pretty sure

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back