CO2 Degasser

jcherepo

BRS Member
Hi,
Looking for some design advice. I am attempting to build a CO2 degassing chamber for my RODI. My well water has high levels of CO2 and as a result my DI cartridges were used up in under 100 gallons. I plan on using a brine tank from a water softener as my degassing chamber. My question is what I should use to feed the water back up into the DI stages? Because of how I have things set-up, gravity won't work. Was thinking an ATO that has the sensor in the RODI storage tank. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks,
Joe

Update - I purchased a CO2 test kit from Hanna and tested my water. Here are the results:
Well water pre-water softener = 70ppm
Well water post water softener = 70ppm
RODI water before DI stages = 50pm
I spoke with Daniel at SpectraPure recently and he mentioned anything over 50ppm will burn through resin very quickly. Looks like CO2 is in fact my problem...

Time to start building this degassing column...

On well water I was going through a mixed DI resin cartridge exactly every 3 months. I make around 35 - 50 gallons a week of RODI with a 150 GPD unit.

On 03/10/20 I installed a BRS triple DI Saver and so far the Anion resin appears to be only depleted by 1/4 or 1/3rd. The Cation and Mixed resins don’t show any signs of depletion. If the color changing beads are changing color correctly, at the current depletion rate I expect to only have to replace the Cation resin once every 12 months.

If you’re only getting 100 gallons out of a mixed DI cartridge the DI saver may not help much.

Last edited:
Mine tested out to be 23ppm and I was burning through resin as you are. Installed a whole home water filter and it went to 0ppm and now my resin hasn’t depleted at all so co2 is a killer.

use a peristaltic pump to push bs k to your DI after you gas it off.

On well water I was going through a mixed DI resin cartridge exactly every 3 months. I make around 35 - 50 gallons a week of RODI with a 150 GPD unit.

On 03/10/20 I installed a BRS triple DI Saver and so far the Anion resin appears to be only depleted by 1/4 or 1/3rd. The Cation and Mixed resins don’t show any signs of depletion. If the color changing beads are changing color correctly, at the current depletion rate I expect to only have to replace the Cation resin once every 12 months.

If you’re only getting 100 gallons out of a mixed DI cartridge the DI saver may not help much.
Update on the triple DI saver. The Anion cartridge is still showing around 1/4 depleted, but the depleted Anion beads are now completely clear in color. The mixed cartridge is also about 1/10 depleted.

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back