Co2 Scrubber experience

you can purchase the soda lime media through BRS as well as online through a medical supply company. it is pricy from my research and until you start running the scrubber you really do not know how often you will need to change your media. Because this would be based on the amount of co2 in the house. i’m just trying to see if chasing the stable 8.2-8.3 PH # is worth it from others opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Me too sorry to hijack your thread but you got me all interested!!

no problem reefers got to look out for each other [emoji23] I have been researching this for a couple of months now trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger and try it out

I just ordered a CO2 scrubber myself. BRS has them on sale and the media is on sale. I got the scrubber and 7.5 pounds of media for about $55.

My wife is sick of the airline out the window look, lol. I would imagine I will get the same results or better from the scrubber. How long should the media last on a 34 gallon Red Sea with the stock skimmer?

Attachments

• 20181027_202020.jpg
    20181027_202020.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Well I bit the bullet this morning and decided to give it a try. I just ordered it all up on BRS with 7.5 lbs of their media which was only $23 all items are 15% off right now so $55 bucks all in with enough media for 6 refills Hope it works as well as claimed. [emoji1696]

very promising Installed the CO2 scrubber at 2.00PM today been installed for 4 hours and has gone up substantially from 8.05. We will see how much the drop is at night tonight.
3ca5ebf372a3f0e1eb80a2e056155261.jpg

I went from 8.0 night to 8.2 late evening (before lights off). That changed from 8.25 night to 8.35.

Now, on Sunday I changed my lighting up. I had wat too much white light, so I turned it down and now I am getting a high of 8.25, but a low of 8.2. This would I guess indicate less algae growth (which is my goal here). I'll see if this trend continues.

Btw, 5 days, a slight purple ring on the bottom of the canister.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181127-082048_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20181127-082048_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 155
I went from 8.0 night to 8.2 late evening (before lights off). That changed from 8.25 night to 8.35.

Now, on Sunday I changed my lighting up. I had wat too much white light, so I turned it down and now I am getting a high of 8.25, but a low of 8.2. This would I guess indicate less algae growth (which is my goal here). I'll see if this trend continues.

Btw, 5 days, a slight purple ring on the bottom of the canister.

are you sucking from outside fresh air?

Not anymore. I had an airline going to the window but the wife didn't like it so the previous numbers were higher tbag than if I was using inside air.

Not anymore. I had an airline going to the window but the wife didn't like it so the previous numbers were higher tbag than if I was using inside air.

I ran the line down the basement and outside the side of the house. I hope by doing this the media lasts a bit longer as Co2 outside should be much less than inside. it will be interesting to see how long before a change out will be required. keep me posted on media change out timeline. last night my PH held at 8.06 for the low typically it would dip as low as 7.96. so far so good [emoji4]

I ran the line down the basement and outside the side of the house. I hope by doing this the media lasts a bit longer as Co2 outside should be much less than inside. it will be interesting to see how long before a change out will be required. keep me posted on media change out timeline. last night my PH held at 8.06 for the low typically it would dip as low as 7.96. so far so good [emoji4]

I will. It's a small tank (red sea c-130) but the skimmer is very aggressive. I'm hoping it lasts a month or more. From what I read, the water in the bottom is important.

I will. It's a small tank (red sea c-130) but the skimmer is very aggressive. I'm hoping it lasts a month or more. From what I read, the water in the bottom is important.

crap forgot that lol! i’ll add tonight

Update:
fb8747af6df8dd1a96156c29370bf8aa.jpg

Morning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

so here is another update. seems like things are pretty consistent. only time I have it drop below 8 is when I have many people in the living room where my tank is. Usually no lower than the 7.9s though. With the outside air intake to my scrubber I am still running the same media for over a month now.
0158e17f7a9ee1585efd3e35460ea412.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back