Cool aquascape arches/bridges

mrcote1

Non-member
Looking to use that E-Marco-400 mortar and a bunch of pieces of live rock to make a decent sized bridge/arch in the center of my tank. Anyone have any pictures of arches or bridges they have to give me some ideas? Here is a picture of the rock work without the arch in the center, i'd like the arch to connect both rock piles
(also ignore the coral desolate tank, i'm hoping to have that fixed soon)

Attachments

• REEF.jpg
    REEF.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 253
If I was going to do a bridge, I’d probably go from the front/top of the rocks but slanting back. That way if you want to add a nice big coral or rock for more frags the bridge won’t shade that spot

What ever you do I recommend leaving room for your hands or something to reach all parts of the sand bed under the arch/bridge.
I did this in my 210 (very tall tank), and I personally think it looks cool and my fish love it but I’ve lost too many frags simply because I can’t reach them when they fall. Also impossible to clean certain parts of sand bed. Rocks are not mortared or attached but pretty sturdy if you don’t knock them around. Fish or snails can’t tip them over. It’s me that would be the problem. So learn from my mistake, make sure you can reach all of the bottom.

This is the tank right after I set it up:
8342011150cd8aa4228a7775387f35d9.jpg
012904501234ab2b0b2606a2cc0f9f9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful tanks! And yea gurumasta your rockscape is what inspired me to do the 2 mounds on both sides, I couldnt find any awesome pieces like that though. So now I must build! And thanks for the tip arsalan! I never would have considered that.
I do like the look of the rocks built up to almost the top of the water like that, but how do your corals handle that high up? My lights would fry them up there I think

I used a drill and acrylic tubes to fasten my over hangs gives me a lot more piece of mind knowing there mechanicly fastened and not just glued.

Yea Ive done lots of reading and I wouldn't trust any other method alone besides the e-marco mortar. It has really good reviews. And being that it will be an arch and it will be kind of skinny drilling and rods wouldnt be very feasible. But I did consider it

I just used that mortar and it works great! I used it on dry rock though but was very happy with how well it worked. I would post a couple pics but they are in a barrel curing.

I just used that mortar and it works great! I used it on dry rock though but was very happy with how well it worked. I would post a couple pics but they are in a barrel curing.

Im using it on dryrock as well. How long are you curing it for? I was planning on bleaching for a week, drying for a couple days then using the mortar then a week in rodi with a little baking soda

I bleached it for a week then soaked it in RO water with dechlorinator for a couple weeks. I then let it fully dry and mortared the pieces together. It has been in the barrel for about a month and a half now. When I started it in the barrel I used some of my current tank water and the rest freshly mixed. I ghost feed it and add bacteria about once a week.

There is the bridge. After soaking the rock in bleach then RODI water and finally building it from E-Marco 400 (Which works GREAT by the way). Im happy with the turn out. Its gonna stick out like a sore thumb for a while though until the rock ages a bit.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back