Gone Copperband Butterfly

• Thread starter Deleted member 13027
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13027

I see then all the time at Jay's and love the reef as well as tropic isle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks I'll have to go down. I might hit up love the reef soon. I have to meet someone down there soon

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

JeanR

BRS Member
I bought one from LiveAquaria about a month ago that is doing well. I was given two pieces of advice that worked out well for me: 1) buy a small one as they can adapt better to captivity than the larger ones, and 2) start them off on raw clams on the half shell.

I'm not sure about the size part but I did buy a small one. The guy I got wouldn't eat until I started putting clams into the tank. Now he is fat and happy - and I'm currently working on getting him to accept other foods.

It's a gorgeous fish with lots of personality and seems smarter then most of the other fish in my tank. I am now a huge fan of these guys. Good luck!

I bought one from LiveAquaria about a month ago that is doing well. I was given two pieces of advice that worked out well for me: 1) buy a small one as they can adapt better to captivity than the larger ones, and 2) start them off on raw clams on the half shell.

I'm not sure about the size part but I did buy a small one. The guy I got wouldn't eat until I started putting clams into the tank. Now he is fat and happy - and I'm currently working on getting him to accept other foods.

It's a gorgeous fish with lots of personality and seems smarter then most of the other fish in my tank. I am now a huge fan of these guys. Good luck!
I'm curious as to what other fish you have in your tank.

JeanR

BRS Member
In my larger tank (90 gallon, 5 feet long) I have 3 chromis, 2 royal grammas, 2 Indian Ocean lyre tail anthias, 2 Benghai cardinals, a clown fish, a yellow tang, a blue hippo tang, a cleaner wrasse, a Lubbock's wrasse, a leopard wrasse, a yellow Coris wrasse and a Midas blenny. And the copper band butterfly.

In my smaller tank (30 gallon, 2 feet long) I have a red scooter blenny, small mandarin, 2 blue stripe pipefish, purple fire fish, yellow watchman goby, orange spot blenny, yellow clown goby, royal gramma, Benghai cardinal.

I think that's all. I try to feed a large amount of lots of different foods to keep everyone happy.

Thanks I was just curious what kind of competition the copperband faces for food and there seems to be plenty. Someday I'm going to have to give a copperband a try. They arey such a cool looking fish.

JeanR

BRS Member
Yes, lots of competition in the tank. I think the whole clam also helps because the Copperband is really focused on it and doesn't have to compete to eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Sunday September 22, 2019
Fragtastic Show
12 to 4 pm
Leominster Eagles
456 Litchfield Street
Leominster, MA