Coral Feeding?

Brad508

Non-member
This upcoming Monday I'll be getting a few frags from a fellow member, first ones ever. So they will be going into a 20gallon bare bottom with live rock, protein skimmer, high flow of water. My question is how do i go about feeding em.. I was thinking some chopped up clam, some softened pellet food, does anyone have a special food they prefer? Or is what Im going to do is fine? The frags I'm getting will be iceberg, whamming watermelon, candy cane and a xenia.
Thanks in advance

I'm assuming the iceberg and watermelon are zoas? I'm not sure if folks feed those but I could be wrong. The candy canes you can use a baster and squirt a tiny bit of mysis shrimp on it while the flow is off and as far as ther xenia go, I'm not sure if people feed those either.

They are all photosythic, so you need to balance any benefit with the export of the added nutrients

For zoanthids yeah it wont do much...but feeding candy canes will almost certainly help with growth. Same would go for any LPS imo

Maybe acans and Duncan's... Can't see it helping frog hammer and all to be honest
It helps all LPS. They need energy to grow just the same as us. They can live off the light itself but if you feed them theyll most certainly grow more. Euphyllia are especially fun to feed cause they cast out slime nets

It helps all LPS. They need energy to grow just the same as us. They can live off the light itself but if you feed them theyll most certainly grow more. Euphyllia are especially fun to feed cause they cast out slime nets
It's true, one of my old tanks I would feed acans, candy canes, hammer, chalice, Duncan's, pretty much all of my lps and they all grew crazy fast especially the chalices. I've got an old thread on here with pictures of growth.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back