Coral nutrition from hunting

Thanks for sharing the post.
This would be an awesome idea to replicate in closed systems side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corals are and have been very happy ever since i started feeding phyto. Thanks to @jsak1976
Thanks for the post as well mods

Last edited:
Corals are and have been very happy ever since i started feeding phyto. Thanks to @jsak1976
Thanks for the post as well mods
Yes, you can see results in a week or two.
I ramped up my phytoplankton production and still not be able to meet the demand.

Great read!
That is why feeding phytoplankton is important. It feeds pods and pods feed coral.
It is a food chain.

So Dong how long have you been using live phytoplankton?

I used to dose prepared phytoplankton and see no results. Then tried a popular online vendor’s live phytoplankton according to their dosing suggestions and did not see much difference.

Then I talked to someone from a clam farm about using phytoplankton to feed babe clams,I was surprised at how much live phytoplankton needed to dose daily to actually be effective. They use more than 10 times the dosage.

That is very expensive for the amount of water I have if buy retail.

So being a vendor, I got a wholesale account from this popular algae vendor. But it turned out that they wanted to charge me retail shipping cost which make it not much cheaper than buying retail with free shipping.

Then I found another vendor on east coast which is a lot more reasonably priced at wholesale level. Then with the amount I use daily, I started to grow my own. Now I can offer it to club members at a discount as well.

I used to dose prepared phytoplankton and see no results. Then tried a popular online vendor’s live phytoplankton according to their dosing suggestions and did not see much difference.

Then I talked to someone from a clam farm about using phytoplankton to feed babe clams,I was surprised at how much live phytoplankton needed to dose daily to actually be effective. They use more than 10 times the dosage.

That is very expensive for the amount of water I have if buy retail.

So being a vendor, I got a wholesale account from this popular algae vendor. But it turned out that they wanted to charge me retail shipping cost which make it not much cheaper than buying retail with free shipping.

Then I found another vendor on east coast which is a lot more reasonably priced at wholesale level. Then with the amount I use daily, I started to grow my own. Now I can offer it to club members at a discount as well.

Oh really, if you’ve known about all these great benefits of using live phytoplankton why now are you just letting everyone know about it?

Last edited:
1. I have been experimenting with it until recently by increasing the dose then I can see results. I don’t believe in a product until I can see it actually works.

2. I am a business and now I am able to grow it myself and offer it for sale at reasonable cost.

For matter of fact, as of now, lets drop the price to $5 per 16 Oz to all paid BRS members.

Last edited:
Culturing live phytoplankton is easy when you get it going. Buying live phytoplankton is more a convenience. Anyone who has a large system should try to culture it your own.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back