Corner 54 viewing demo?

ACaputo311

Non-member
Hi all, new member to the forums but I've been browsing them for a while. I'm in the market for a new tank and have a perfect spot for the Aqueon Corner 54 but I have yet to see one in person that is stocked. I'm concerned about the distortion. I've seen an empty one in the store but you can't really tell without water and plants/fish in it. Curious if anyone would be willing to let a complete stranger check out their tank for 5 minutes! (or if you know if any LFS has one in use). Thanks,

Adam

My brother in law has/had one set up. It's ok, it's definitely not my first choice. A bowfront is cool, doesn't skew the big picture, the 54 does.. if you're tight on space a 65 is a better option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My brother in law has/had one set up. It's ok, it's definitely not my first choice. A bowfront is cool, doesn't skew the big picture, the 54 does.. if you're tight on space a 65 is a better option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Thanks ABrooks. That's what I was concerned about. The 65 does fit snuggly in the 38" corner space I have.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

edc0e8f802c306d340573b7c17abd7f0.jpg
c849d04ab4ff97c8ef3b18c8c5f15419.jpg
bfe5cae1a2dd008d25e403d5b4ff78f1.jpg

Not much distortion. Thugs up front can be hidden at different angles but my wife said once all these guys kick the bucket we can make t a reef tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember someone telling me it was difficult to do maintenance on. 1. Because it's tough to get to the back overflow. Especially with a hood. 2. The unusual shape of the cabinate made it tough to get a proper sump.
I've got no 1st hand experience however.

I have a 10 gallon tank as a sump. I am sure if we change it to a reef tank I would change the 10 gallon to a custom sized sump. I don't know how often people maintains/clean their overflow... I guess maybe I should start? We just use a filter floss as a pre-filter. Nothing else really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased a 54 corner from someone here! He built a sweet stand to spec and put a 40 g or so hex in the bottom as a sump. It's a tall sump but it certainly gives you room to play, just have to build up instead of out lol

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back