Cracked my Ca Reactor

Syris

FishboyBill
I noticed my effluent line on my MRC Ca reactor was barely a dribble and sure enough my ARM media had turned to oatmeal because of it:eek: . So I was cleaning out the reactor and put new ARM media in it but couldn't get the top flange to stop leaking. So I had the briliant idea of using some plyers to tweak the flange screws:rolleyes: Yup I cracked the lower part of the flange.
What can I use to bandaid fix it? Weldon 16?

There is a 2 part epoxy I have used. Its called PC11 and you can find it in most hardware stores. Like marinetex (I believe), PC11 claims to be able to cure under water.

pc11-2oz.jpg

hth,

Joe

Last edited:
The crack is on the bottom flange around a nylon screw of the top assembly and not in the tube itself thank god. So it is being used but does have a slight seepage thru the flange now. I thought weldon 16 would be good for filling acrylic?
I'll check out the local hardware store tonight and see if I can find either of these putties and give it a shot.

ooh just had an idea, would "Aquamend" work? Its a 2 part epoxy for marine use that I use for mounting frags sometimes. http://www.polymericsystems.com/aquamend.htm
I have some of it at home already. What do ya think?

Last edited:
Bill,

I bet its close to the same stuff, only packaged differently.

I wouldnt risk using weldon 16 unless you break down the reactor.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back