Crocea...

Valexia

livingroom naturalist
what was i thinking, i get back from MACNA and stumble across this little guy....advice? I know about lighting him, but he's been in low light...and needs some TLC... any constructive crit. is welcome. This pic taken after acclimation, so he's not really fully open yet.

Attachments

• clamc.jpg
    clamc.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 298
I got him from a local place i used to work, no idea about how he's gonna do, he was in rough shape, any clue if they recover well?
Hope so, I love him already, and no, no other clams, my first attempt at saving a baby maxima failed...that was months ago before i had lights.
Made a deal, he was cheep cheep!

he's so CUTE, hope he makes it but right now i give him 50/50

today he's not gaping as much, more closed. Still responding to fish movements and mantle is out...not as open...hmmm, need to do some reading on behavior.
He has firmly attached to the rock I nestled him in (my understanding was crocea like rocks.) He's currently on the bottom, but I plan on moving him up a bit in the rockwork as my MH is only a 150w.

Any advice on a time line for adjusting animals to brighter light? Timeline? Weeks? Days? I don't wanna fry him, the store had him parked six inches from a 50/50 PC light

Gorgeous crocea.I recently picked one up and it looked real similar to yours at first.The clam only made it three days.

Give it a couple of days and move it 1/3-1/2 of the way up from the bottom. Wouldn't hurt to feed it some DT's ( I usually shut the return pump and just keep the powerhead on for about 15-30min. to let the clam absorb it). Low to medium flow in the beginning. I have mine in medium high flow end of tank 1/2 way up on the rocks. Good luck.

jpg said:
Gorgeous crocea.I recently picked one up and it looked real similar to yours at first.The clam only made it three days.
where did it come from?
how did it die?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back