CT Frag Farmer's Market - Storrs CT 3/7/20

Enjoy all who attend. I have been several times and it was the best show in the northeast aside of Reef-a-palooza when it was in NY. I wont be able to get there this year as I broke my leg on Sunday.
Hey man sorry to hear I know what your going through I broke both my legs when I was younger hope you feel better soon let me know if you need anything

I have three events that are happening at the FFM that I wanted to reach out and offer to you guys and girls.

#1- The 2nd annual FFM Corn Hole Tournament
Sponsored by the E.O. Smith Coral Project, OSA, and The Reef Shine Guys, it will be a single elimination tournament with matches every 15 minutes starting at noon. I have 16 spots open for play. The brackets will be released and shared prior to the FFM so participants can plan ahead. The winner of the tournament will receive:
-a $50 FFM gift certificate, good at ANY FFM vendor - thanks to the EOS Coral Project
-a Maxout Aquatics Package - thanks to OSA
-a Reef Shine Guys swag pack - thanks to the Reef Shine Guys

#2- Paint and sip (without the sip) with Rachel Fogel of Reef Weeds
At 1pm, Rachel will be hosting a paint along session with her in one of the open classrooms. After you are done, and it dries, you can take your painting home. All materials are provided (paint, canvases, smocks, etc…) Just bring your art skills and clothes that might get a little paint on them. There are 12 spots open for this.

#3- Make your own Koral Kreation with Kris Kaz
Kris is going to host a paint a coral event. Kris is going to prep a number of coral skeletons and bring them along for participants to choose from. Then you will get a lesson on Kris’ magic process and be able to create your own Koral Kreation that you will get to take home at the end of the day (after it dries). Again, all materials are provided for the painting session, just bring your creativity! There are 12 spots open for this.

All events are open to people 12 and older (younger kids can do the painting but need to have an adult painting with them). The best part? All three are FREE! Just shoot me an email at [email protected] to let me know that you want a spot. The first people to email me get spots and I will make a wait list after that if spots open up.

Just so members are aware Boston Reefers Society will have a booth at this event. Stop by and say hello while your there. Passing out flyers and business card to promote education.

Less than a month to go! Here is the line up for the talks at this year's FFM. I put together a nice variety of topics to try to hit something that everyone would be interested in. As with previous years, these talks are free with your admission to the FFM (which is only $5). Come out, shop for a while, take a break and listen to a talk, then go back and shop some more!

Here is the map for the 2020 FFM. Inevitably there will be some changes that get made but this should be pretty close to what it looks like for the day. I will have paper copies of the map available at the door that day!
Awesome layout can't wait to see it live!

I would say that is almost a certainty on all counts, except maybe that little bit left part...

If any of you guys are still on the fence about coming out, here is a video that Craft Aquatic made at last year's FFM. It will give you an idea of what the whole thing looks like and what it is all about.

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing Frank

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back