Custom 3D Printing Services

Frag Freaks

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Hi All,

Just wanted to remind everyone that we have the ability to design and print custom 3D components for your aquarium. This includes custom heater holders, prob holders, brackets, frag fracks, egg crate converters, and much more. So if you have something in mind please give us a shout and we would be happy to help make those ideas into real parts.

We also have tons of already designed misc components for the reef tank they we use on a daily basis but may not advertise for sale. So we may already have what you are looking for.

If you are already using a 3D printed item in your aquarium please show it off, we would be interested to see!

For a quote request please use the form on our website:

3D Printing Quote Request

Last edited:
IMG_20200329_170150.jpg

Not the best print. Needed a heater shield quick for my Seahorses. Not the prettiest. Works perfect. I printed it a little to fast and it is real hot. ABS. Water flows inside, there are standoffs inside. Got it off thingiverse. Tons there. No burnt Horses. !!! https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3710026

View attachment 138594

Not the best print. Needed a heater shield quick for my Seahorses. Not the prettiest. Works perfect. I printed it a little to fast and it is real hot. ABS. Water flows inside, there are standoffs inside. Got it off thingiverse. Tons there. No burnt Horses. !!! https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3710026

I am familiar with that site, has a lot of cool stuff. Prints like that do get a little tricky. I would probably split that into 2 halves and add snaps. Would help with resolution and fitment. All depends on what type of printer you are using as well. The really expensive ones will print that as one piece all day long. Also using a soluable support material as well. Print settings are also key as well.

I am working on a froze feeder (thawer) right now. Cube goes into top section, which as overflow teeth to allow flow through to tumble the cube, as it thaws it will drop through openings in the middle section.

I believe there is already one out on the market, but the one I am working on is more compact and I am looking at around a $13-$15 price point (shipped). Final cost will come out once I am done. As of right now I am planning on using just one magnet which will have about a 13lb pull force. My acrylic tank is 3/4" thick so it will be good to run trials on. If more holding power is required for bigger tanks I can may a "supercharged" option with a lot beefier magnets. Should have first prototypes printed and on the tank next week sometime.

I am working on a froze feeder (thawer) right now. Cube goes into top section, which as overflow teeth to allow flow through to tumble the cube, as it thaws it will drop through openings in the middle section.

I believe there is already one out on the market, but the one I am working on is more compact and I am looking at around a $13-$15 price point (shipped). Final cost will come out once I am done. As of right now I am planning on using just one magnet which will have about a 13lb pull force. My acrylic tank is 3/4" thick so it will be good to run trials on. If more holding power is required for bigger tanks I can may a "supercharged" option with a lot beefier magnets. Should have first prototypes printed and on the tank next week sometime.
That sounds awesome!

I'm definitely interested in that. Please advise once completed and final details at your convenience. I'd rather support local businesses than outsourcing.

I printed the updated frag racks and frozen feeder and the new style magnets arrived today. I am going to get everything built up and cured and do some trials. Will post some pictures. I would believe the frozen feeders will be ready to ship by next week. The cost of the frozen feeders shipped will be $13.50.

One thing I need to play around with may be the depth of the teeth on the top portion of the feeder. I want enough flow to tumble the frozen food but ideally do not want the food to exit from the top. It should exit through the bottom of the feeder. Below are a couple pictures of the first print prototype.
F82C7721-20E6-4BA5-9BB4-6B888655583B.jpeg
EB68E9F4-7BC3-4800-ABA8-20C95E31131C.jpeg

Hi All,

We now have our website somewhat functioning. We have added a contact form for any 3D printing requests you may have. We added the link to the first post of this thread, however here it is again.

Back