Cyphastrea not yet opening

Cinnimin

Non-member
I bought two corals at the symposium , Lyons Clove and a Cyphastrea. The clove has opened and is looking better everyday with one polyp looking weird, but every other polyp looks great. The cyphastrea hasn’t opened up almost at all, it has just enough where the polyps are more obvious that they exist, but its certainly not open like it was in the display. I was wondering if this is a lighting issue and have included pictures of my tank at about 80% power to show my darker spots. (I have had to move it a few times too since my glue tube exploded in my hand after gluing my clove and it kept falling off from hermits moving around it, I am also nervous to glue it before I know what lighting it likes). Is it angry because of lighting, moving, or do they take forever to open anyway? Thank you!
E6866BEC-B233-4697-9A3F-0FB7FABC6C74.jpeg
8B4DFD3E-5828-4145-8775-DCDF9F6D9D10.jpeg

How long has your tank been set up/cycled?
What are the water parameters?
What kind of lighting do you have?

How long has your tank been set up/cycled?
What are the water parameters?
What kind of lighting do you have?
Ai prime 16hd, six months, and parameters were checked a little while ago at lfs: alk 134, mg 1395, ca 456 phosphate I havent checked in a while but dont have a test and nitrate tends to stay around 8 but my test went bad. I am buying my own tests very soon, these levels have all stayed consistent since starting the tank

Ai prime 16hd, six months, and parameters were checked a little while ago at lfs: alk 134, mg 1395, ca 456 phosphate I havent checked in a while but dont have a test and nitrate tends to stay around 8 but my test went bad. I am buying my own tests very soon, these levels have all stayed consistent since starting the tank
Do yourself and the corals a favor and don't add anymore until you own some test kits. What did you mean by Alk:134? Is that dkh or meq, either way that's insane.

Its the results from an Aquaspin so I am not sure which measurement it is. My lfs only ever said that my mag was a little low so I assumed it was fine

Back