Daniel's Reef Tank

Wow awesome corals tank Dan.
I think adding a few blue acro sps would be great to the tank (Just to name a few. Cali acro, blue tort, hawksin, hoeksemai, , blue matrix, blueberry perl, some of greg hiller blue acro...etc..)
Great job

Last edited:
Sweet! Thanks for sharing. Awful lot going on in there with a ton of color.

Good Luck!

Very nice Dan. Love the diversity of different corals.
Are the Xenias intentional?

Thank you all for the nice comments !!!

About the Xenias. I always have pulsing Xenias. I keep them under control. From time to time I prune them and stop them to take control. If a piece move to a rock I do not want it, I prune it and cover the base with putty.

Moreiver, they do not grow fast on this tank. Could be the water is too clean ?....don't really know.

Yes, they are intentional there. If they touch a SPS, nothing happens.

Cheers ...... I am happy you all liked it.

Daniel

Thank you all !!

AboUT PSU4ME comment....

I went from this JUNE 2014
20140617_191521_zps15ea45c6.jpg
[/URL]

to this OCTOBER 2014

To this NUTRIENTS DISASTER FEBRUARY 2015

And recovered to this JULY 2015

If you look carefully, most of the original SPS colonies are still there. Some smaller because I had to frag them. But 80% of the corals are the same. Just added a few ones to replace some dead ones.

Later or tomorrow I will post individual close-up pictures.

Cheers

Last edited:
Some upside down pictures.

I do not have the correct tools, but you will see some nice colored corals. Unfortunately I do not see them in that way through the glass tank :-(

Sorry for the lights reflection. You can zoom the pictures to avoid been distracted by the lights in the water.

This was a half inch branch broken ~6 months ago. I will point who was the donor coral in a later picture.

At the bottom you have the donor coral of the 1st picture. At that time it was ~ 2".

Very nice mr. Dan
Did you take them with your phone camera? You tank has a top cover, hkw you was able to take the top dow shot of them?
Great job

Thank you for the nice coments to all !!!

You can open the top cover and have it in a 45 (half open) or 90 degree angle (fully open). To have light I have to had it half open and the 6 T5 were reflecting on the water. I did some shadow with my hands and phone to take the pictures.

I used my Samsung Note 4 phone with the standard settings. I was afraid of dropping the phone in the tank :)

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back