Daniel's Reef Tank

This is the Aussie SSC with some STN in the base that I treated and re-glued to the rock. Tissue started to grow over the glue (encrusting) very small yet, but at least not more STN on this as of today.

You can not see this Acro in my FTS and from some reason I keep forgetting about it.

It was a 1" frag 2 years ago. Then grew to a small colony. I had my nutrient issue and was brown and almost dead. Yes, only a small piece , of less than 2", looks alive and totally brown. I was so angry that I almost trash it, but instead I glued in a piece of rock at the back left side of the tank. I glued it there because it was a really bad place for an acro. I was focused on saving the full tank and this guy was really disposable at that time. Low light and low flow, just to let him die slowly.

Well, destiny wanted something different for him.

From a trash piece we have this today.

WELL DONE ACRO !!!!

You can only see 3 branches at the left back, look the purple montipora, exactly where the air tubing is, near the return pump. That one is the guy !!!!

He is growing like an open hand. Like looking for the space and telling the others...." I did it ".

Cheers
Daniel

I found this picture from Dec 2013 when he was growing in the 13 G Mr Aqua tank. Then was relocated to the RSM250.

Is the one in the center with 3 small branches.

Last edited:
I have an unuse GEO 618 Cal reactor, can i use the Seacherm Matrix in it? noted i have a lot of liverock in the display tank. i am kind getting lost in this "Seacherm Matrix " thread. alot of benefits using it even i already have lots of rock?

I have an unuse GEO 618 Cal reactor, can i use the Seacherm Matrix in it? noted i have a lot of liverock in the display tank. i am kind getting lost in this "Seacherm Matrix " thread. alot of benefits using it even i already have lots of rock?

I do not know anything about that reactor, but if the principle is like any standard media reactor, yes, you can use it.

UPDATE

All alive and slowly growing. I am only doing WC, keeping Alk at ~ 6.5 dkh and just standard maintenence.

Best
Daniel

This is a video I did last month Feb. 19 to post here and.....never posted :)

Still all equal, could be a little more bigger the corals, but also difficult to see that in a video. So it is still valid :)

https://youtu.be/W2aJIx18j48

Last edited:
TANK today

8588bcfd2ff51284f0f1029457b7ed88.jpg
8f35e5f23738261d2bdf519d7d1177a5.jpg
bc766fc80758c2631e304c1f5b8c5be4.jpg
679352639d88567b54ef94562e0a04c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting