Dan's 8' 130 gallon Build

Maybe a stupid question but when you done drilling the holes, is the edge sharp? If it is, anyway to polish it to make it smooth?

Edge is sharp I've talked to quite a few glass guys in commercial buildings. I do HVAC and I'm always on contruction sites. According to the guys that install the windows a piece of fine grit sand paper on a block of wood or a wood dowel can be used to polish/bevel the edges. I will try it out and let you know how it works.

Cleaned up all the broken glass out of the top bracket and bottom bracket it wasn't easy by any means. I would recommend safety glasses if you ever attempt it. Nobody answered if the whole tank should be resealed but I couldn't see any way around it. I removed all of the silicone and resealed the whole tank with the new piece of glass in there.

Been there done that my 55 is the same height. Lol I just use one of those folding 2 step stool things. I don't know I just like it that way.

Thanks yeah I wish I could get more work done but I'm super busy so I am just doing it little by little.

Back