Dave's 120 build

iroc2zep

Non-member
So after having my 72 bowfront up and running for 3 years now I am going to be upgrading to a 120. I have recently purchased a tank, stand and tons of equipment from some fellow reefers. New build will consist of 120 DT with a 40 gallon refugium along with a 150 gallon stock tank located in the basement. For equipment I will keep my 2- radion XR30s, using a Percision Marine Bullet Skimmer powered by a Jeabo DC600 pump. I plan on incorporating a GEO 618 Calcium reactor after transition and everything smooth and stabilized. Turning my workbench and tool shop into fish tank room as I'm no longer into the project car scene. Ill post pics along the way and any tips or advice is greatly appreciated. Im not rushing the build as we all know nothing happens fast in this hobby except some unhappy coral. Hope you guys enjoy!!

Oooh I smell epic build thread!
On another note, gonna do a compcam camshaft upgrade on my challenger rt don't completely ditch the car bench, I may need some advice!

Capture.JPG

My 72 now

Looking ready to roll, you got all the equip already, build away!
Love bow fronts, I have a 92 in the basement that's begging to be set up

Do you have a vinyl tube with a little plastic bead running up the side of your top off barrel to easily see how much water is in it?

If so I've thought of doing the same, any issues with it?

Haven't used it yet, I bought it off another reefer and it was set up like that, but yes there is and Im interested to see. I wouldn't think any issues with it set up like that

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Build update. I have run a dedicated 15 amp circuit with multiple gfci outlets. I also installed a nice old wall hung cast iron sink in the room. I will be plumbing the sink into a dry well that the same line will also have a pump from my sump for easy water change discharge.

Looks good man. Looks like you dropped some $$ on all that stuff. I stayed away from the basement sump because I'm hoping to sell my house in the next 2 years. Hopefully I can have a fish room at my future house.

You only need 1 gfci in line. The 1st one. All the others after are protected. The down side is a trip can kill all stuff plugged in on that line

Plumbing about 90% complete, I completed the intake and return loop upstairs so I was able to test all plumbing 100%. I plumbed in a tee off of return pump with valves for easy water changes straight into a dry well out back as well as RO/Salt station hard plumbed into sump. For right now until I get Apex contoller and an auto top off I will be gravity topping off with a float. I did install a cpr hob overflow on the 40 gal fuge but decided I want to drill the tank and install an internal overflow.

Back