DC pump for 14 ft of head

gurumasta

Senior Moron
Any good DC pumps for about 14 ft of head? I see the Vectra M1 but the reviews are bad and say they stop working. I am counting that one out. Anybody know of any good alternatives?

Thanks!

The reeflo barracuda I'm selling handled 14 feet like a champ, not dc tho, oh and I have 2 of them if interested

Any good DC pumps for about 14 ft of head? I see the Vectra M1 but the reviews are bad and say they stop working. I am counting that one out. Anybody know of any good alternatives?

Thanks!

I have a Vectra M1 and, yup, it recently stopped working. To Ecotech's credit they sent me a brand new one even though the old one was a few months out of warranty.

FWIW, My 1" piping is as follows: up 2', across 8', up 1', across 10' & up 5' to my loc-lines. I have a Jebao DCT15000 set to 60% & it's crazy flow.

I have used both a jebao and a waveline. Both quit working and I gave up and went back to a big danner mag pump. Here's my opinion on why they are more likely to break. You've got 3 components that could fail (not even talking internal pump pieces). 1. The pump it's self. 2. The controller. 3 ac adapter. Any of which could fail.

I'll stick with good mag pumps. I could drive over it in my car and it would still work!

I have used both a jebao and a waveline. Both quit working and I gave up and went back to a big danner mag pump. Here's my opinion on why they are more likely to break. You've got 3 components that could fail (not even talking internal pump pieces). 1. The pump it's self. 2. The controller. 3 ac adapter. Any of which could fail.

I'll stick with good mag pumps. I could drive over it in my car and it would still work!

Which mag pump would you recommend?

Thanks guys!

Mag pumps can be loud. I've got no idea which would push that high. I think I would consider an external reeflo like shane suggested. I think they are the least power-hungry of the big external pumps. Also I'm pretty sure they can be adjusted by changing the impeller as to how much flow they put out

I ended up picking up the reeflo pumps from Shane (s_kelley). I won't know how they work for a couple weeks but they look serious as all hell...

Thanks again!

Yes reeflo is very serious pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What model is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back