Dehumidifier recommendations

Armando

v 4.0
With all these tanks I guess I now need a dehumidifier. I have no clue where to start. Any pointers?

Your central air should dehumidify. I run one in my basement but otherwise the rest of the house is fine. If you still feel you need one, get the largest you can. I have a whirlpool but not the quietest one around. The hampton bays aren't bad from home depot.

I see. I'll talk with Oasis about it when they're here. If the unit should dehumidify, for some reason it is not doing it right now, the house is very humid.

IME dehumidifiers throw off a lot of heat. A good working ac system should dehimidify very well in the process of cooling. If you run both you might want to buy stock in the electric company since you'll be giving them an awful lot of extra $. You may just have too many tanks so that they're evaporating an enourmous amount of water.

Since you have ac already (so I'm assuming tank temp isn't a problem) you might want to try simply covering or partially covering some of the tanks to reduce the evaporation. If this didn't make for any addtional problems it would be a lot cheaper.

How many tanks now? I guess it is possible that the A/C can't keep up, but if it is having a hard time keeping the place cool (before the tanks?); then maybe a tune-up will help.
I know my "little" 8k A/C dehumidifies the 1st floor over 1000 sq ft very quickly. Makes it feel a LOT cooler then outside, with only a 3 degree temp change

Great responses. I'll discuss these with the HVAC company that I called. I hope both the temperature and the humidity problems can be fixed with the AC tune-up. I'll keep posting the progress here, might be helpful for someone else with this problem.

Back