Did Something Naughty Today

One of the thing I miss most after keeping angelfish. New tank will be angelfish free.
These are 2-3" maxima. I know the small ones tend to not make it for the long term but we'll see.

_Z7D6654.jpg

_Z7D6655.jpg
_Z7D6656.jpg
_Z7D6657.jpg
_Z7D6658.jpg

Some frags I'm growing now in the frag tank. They're not much to look at now but these pics will serve as a reference for colors and growth. They'll probably go brown some but we'll see.

Rommel Millie
_Z7D6643.jpg

Orange Passion
_Z7D6645.jpg

Homewrecker
_Z7D6646.jpg

Walt Disney
_Z7D6648.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake
_Z7D6652.jpg

Would you do a Genicanthus angel? Or are those not clam safe either? (Or not your jam)

I began keeping angelfish in reef tank with a Genicanthus semifasciatus. At one point I had a trio. One male and two females. Despite being the most reef safe of all angelfish, genicanthus can still eat your corals. Once you have one that’s doing it, the rest seems to have the same idea.
I did not keep them for too long since they were nipping on my LPS. Unless someone gave me a great deal on a pair Genicanthus Personathus, I don’t think I’ll do any kind of angelfish this time.
Here was my male Semifasciatus.
original.jpg[\IMG]

I swear by the time I get the big tank ready, I won’t want to transfer this set up.
Another component added to the set up. A double pole temp regulator. Most people would not usually fret when the tank hits 79 degrees. But when you keep your tank at 76degrees, you might have to do something about it.
I didn’t think I would need a double pole regulation on the temperature since the tank is in the basement and I would only have to worry about heating the tank. But I’ve been needing to run the dehumidifier which actually blows out warm air. Over the past 2 weeks, the temps has crept up to 78 and hit 79 today. Bust out my PC fans mount over the sump. This will keep the temp from going up.

temp graph over last 3 weeks. Can clearly see the upward trend
544BF6D5-CB69-41B3-A0C6-5F2C56EAF38C.jpg

Cooling is added.
A2AB68CD-BA2F-40F5-ABC8-50C111823699.jpg

The cooler.
4F40792A-B803-40FA-AA93-02C6E9C9EE3D.jpeg

I’m gonna have the world’s weakest coral because they won’t be able to tolerate any temperature fluctuation.
Since the addition of the fans, temp has been in 76.1-76.3.:D

6F73F1E5-D064-4D94-A5E9-8659B3475AB5.png

Some current shots of this tank. I will run it as long as I need but this will likely be the last time I'm going to update this thread. Thanks for watching.
Overall, it has been a good and seamless process on getting this going. I think the early January of blasting the rocks and curing paid off.
I got 9 Lyretails, 3 yellow tangs, two clowns, 2 shrimps for the bioload that the corals need.
IMG_5551.JPG

IMG_5553.JPG

IMG_5554.JPG

IMG_5546.JPG

A new chapter begins....
IMG_5561.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG

Back