Did Something Naughty Today

The silicone work is not perfect(to my standard) compare to Elos but for a large tank, it’s easy for me to look past the silicone when I have lots to look at in the tank.

I agree with this completely. It's nearly impossible to keep silicone perfect after a few years no matter how careful you are. And I really never find myself looking at the silicone anyway.

Did someone ask for Profilux? How about a 12yrs-old controller/doser that is still kicking.
7BC05940-7A4A-4137-8815-A3D5B125AE9C.jpeg

Firmware update. Who knew a 12yrs old controller still being supported.

Last edited:
It’s always good to hear about things that you have lasting so long. So far I can say mines been really good.

I bought two. The second one has the same mirrored code and firmware for backup but I’ve not got a chance to utilize it. the Touch pad was also a waste of money since I don’t think I ever even turn it on. The plastic screen is still on. Using a phone to control it is much more convenient.
Not sure why I thought I needed the expansion box.

I’ve downsized. New tank is 350Gallons. 10gallons smaller than the last one. :D
Couldn’t make the 96” to happen. Main reason, it requires me to pick up at a freight depot. That’s a big headache for me. 96” tank will require two light fixtures. A wire mess that I don’t want to deal with. I can get away with one large light fixture by going to 84”.

6A1417DF-6985-4BF7-A2AD-BC1FB6FDC170.jpeg

Couldn’t make the 96” to happen. Main reason, it requires me to pick up at a freight depot. That’s a big headache for me. 96” tank will require two light fixtures. A wire mess that I don’t want to deal with. I can get away with one large light fixture by going to 84”.

View attachment 134737
Congrats!!!!

View attachment 134737

Hi... I am kind of lost. This will be a new tank, so what happens to that beautiful tank you have (or had). The big last one I am referring too.

Or are you going to have 2 ?

Daniel

Hi... I am kind of lost. This will be a new tank, so what happens to that beautiful tank you have (or had). The big last one I am referring too.

Or are you going to have 2 ?

Daniel
Hi Daniel,
I moved to your neck of the wood and sold the 360G tank. Noway I was going to move with an 8month old and a tank full of corals and fish. Getting back to it again is much easier.

Last edited:
Exciting :) Are the rocks just sitting in cold rodi and will you add bac while in the bin or wait for the tank?

Whats your lighting plan?

The rocks are in the bin with 1.025 salted water moving by a Tunze pump. I didn’t add anything to it. Hopefully there’s enough dead leaves that will provide some organic matter to rot and turns into magical bacterias.

Lighting is coming this Friday. Running a Hybrid T5s without the bulbs with Radions.
If they fail me, I will take the 3.5hours drive down to NY and knock on the guy’s door who bought my tank setup with my MH/T5 combo. Asked him a couple nights ago and he’s not even using it. What a fool! He’s using some LEDs.

Are you getting the G5 Radion? If you still go with G4, better drive down to NY and get the metal halide back.

The sump stand is done. Not sure how I ended up with a 90"x26" for a 48"x20" sump. :p
Planed some 2x4 white fur and sand it down for a top. Will seal it next weekend and call it done.
I probably spent way too much time on this stand/bench but I haven't done any woodworking since the kid came out so it was nice to breathe in some wood dust in exchange for poopie diapers. :D
IMG_3808.JPG

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

Hi Daniel,
I moved to your neck of the wood and sold the 360G tank. Noway I was going to move with an 8month old and a tank full of corals and fish. Getting back to it again is much easier.
Out of curiosity how much did you sell the tank for? I’d love to upgrade my display at some point to a 300+

The sump stand is done. Not sure how I ended up with a 90"x26" for a 48"x20" sump. :p
Planed some 2x4 white fur and sand it down for a top. Will seal it next weekend and call it done.
I probably spent way too much time on this stand/bench but I haven't done any woodworking since the kid came out so it was nice to breathe in some wood dust in exchange for poopie diapers. :D
View attachment 135348
View attachment 135349
View attachment 135350
GREAT JOB CHIEF! THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back