Did Something Naughty Today

Out of curiosity how much did you sell the tank for? I’d love to upgrade my display at some point to a 300+
Expect to get about half or less on a used tank. The larger the size, the greater the discount because lot a not of people can accommodate or want to deal with it in their home. I marked mine down to half and was able to get it out quickly.
I chose to start from scratch rather than moving the tank. Don't regret it one bit. Besides, the footprint of the old tank will not work with what we have now.

Expect to get about half or less on a used tank. The larger the size, the greater the discount because lot a lot of people can accommodate or want to deal with it in their home. I marked mine down to half and was able to get it out quickly.
Thank you very much I appreciate your insight

This is actually a brilliant idea lol

In all seriousness, it's the best money you can spend on the hobby. The fittings and pipes cost less than $50 but it gives you the visual of how much real estate the tank will take. Looking down on the floor and say, yeah, I can fit it here or there. But it won't tell you what it will obstruct. We actually wanted the tank to be in a different location but when I built the model, it didn't flow with the rest of the house. Large tank takes a lot of planning because it usually take a village to move it.

In all seriousness, it's the best money you can spend on the hobby. The fittings and pipes cost less than $50 but it gives you the visual of how much real estate the tank will take. Looking down on the floor and say, yeah, I can fit it here or there. But it won't tell you what it will obstruct. We actually wanted the tank to be in a different location but when I built the model, it didn't flow with the rest of the house. Large tank takes a lot of planning because it usually take a village to move it.
I’m going to use this method of planning going forward. Makes perfect sense

The rumor I heard is the G6 will be made out of a bunch of homedepot PAR38 bulbs.

Not sure why someone has so much hate and opinion toward a company. Did Ecotech do you wrong? If so, vote with your money and move on.

it is a joke. Lol
The G5 is doing the right things. Lol

Last edited:
Some naughty naughty things going on.
After about 5 months of curing rocks.
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
Off the scale of 2.5ppm phosphate.
20+ppm of nitrate
4584F386-0D86-4120-AB07-7A813B448849.jpeg
A15C3252-50EE-4740-9FE2-EE804662BB4D.jpeg
90CF883E-05E5-4DA1-ACA3-974DAD8C49DB.jpeg

DAMNIT SUCH A TEASE!!! What's the customer service number for the tank builder? I think if they get a few hundred calls from us fellow BRS members maybe they'll expedite the order!!!

Some naughty naughty things going on.
After about 5 months of curing rocks.
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
Off the scale of 2.5ppm phosphate.
20+ppm of nitrate
I am curing some old rock that seemed worth saving right now. I have scrubbed washed in clean seawater and cured for a year now. Nitrates are at 10, PO4 via Hanna LR checker is at .96 ppm.
This rock is still leaching PO4! And detritus still comes from it even though it looks clean as a whistle. When will it be ready to set up a new aquascape? Should I just continue to use my water change water (which is cleaner) to purge this tub of rock until the level lowers further?

I'm not sure.
I usually do it this way and when I'm about a month away from using it, I run some GFO and run the skimmer.
I'm making some water to do a large waterchange on the tub. I haven't changed any water on the tub since the initial soaking. I probably will end up moving the rocks to something else, heating the water up, and run the skimmer and GFO on it. I need the Rubbermaid to make water to fill up the tank when it's ready. I like to dry scape the rocks then fill up with water rather than trying to do aquascape in a cloudy tank.

Thanks for the answer. I saw your previous results and feel better using this rock now. When COVID is over and my wife’s classroom animals move back to school I can do my dry scape, sand and fill!!!

Fired up a tank today. :D
Does this count as having a tank?
I turned a Waterbox into a Rocksbox today. After assembling the stand, getting the tank on the stand, jammed the rocks, filled water, and got the skimmer running, the wife asked “why can’t you do all this in the Rubbermaid since the Rubbermaid is still running with the remaining rocks in it ?”
FML and she’s right.
5005C4DD-923C-4464-BC5E-671F37D1175F.jpeg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back