Difference of White Balance and Blue Lights

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Here's the difference of almost identical pictures un-edited. One with white lighting and adjusted white balance in camera and the other with blues on and a gel filter, enjoy

Cute little nub of Walt Disney Tenuis.
MVIMG_20191005_141022.jpg

IMG_20190930_174149.jpg

I like the first pic but a bit dark, can’t see the detail that well. Second pic is good also but a bit to bright I think. Certainly not criticizing just my opinion. Nice pics and very cool piece [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how you can see the colors change more in the first pic.

I like the first pic but a bit dark, can’t see the detail that well. Second pic is good also but a bit to bright I think. Certainly not criticizing just my opinion. Nice pics and very cool piece [emoji106]

1st photo was shot with a sony a6000 (my 15yo's camera) 1/400th, iso 100, 3.5 with negative 70 white balance hence the darker image. The 2nd was with google pixels xl3 and polyplab lens v2 on running WWC Radion schedule. UV, Violet, royal Blue and Blue at 100%. Kind of digging playing around with her camera. She showed interest last year so I bought it for her. It's been in a bag on my desk since. The other day she did tell that she signed up for "Photography Club" at school. Thankfully it'll get some use now, lol.

1st photo was shot with a sony a6000 (my 15yo's camera) 1/400th, iso 100, 3.5 with negative 70 white balance hence the darker image. The 2nd was with google pixels xl3 and polyplab lens v2 on running WWC Radion schedule. UV, Violet, royal Blue and Blue at 100%. Kind of digging playing around with her camera. She showed interest last year so I bought it for her. It's been in a bag on my desk since. The other day she did tell that she signed up for "Photography Club" at school. Thankfully it'll get some use now, lol.

Nice, ya I like playing around with different lighting/ camera setting to see what looks good.

With the radions it’s easy, preset 14k

Yes the hydras have all the presets also 10k, 12k, 18k but I find dropping the reds and greens make the pics look better or more accurate color. This setting is one of many I have stored in the apex I can easily swap all the lights back and forth between.

Yes the hydras have all the presets also 10k, 12k, 18k but I find dropping the reds and greens make the pics look better or more accurate color. This setting is one of many I have stored in the apex I can easily swap all the lights back and forth between.

Sorry that wasn’t very relevant lol, I was swapping back and forth between threads, makes more sense on the other thread lol

For taking pics though the whiter the better like 12k-14k, my normal lighting is probably closer to 18k and if you just took pics like that everything would just look blue lol.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back