Dinos? Cyano? Something else?

That was either green hair algae, or bryposis....either way reef flux would/will take care of it.....And its super easy on the system. Also there is a bottled bacteria that is literally amazing called Prodibo biodigest. I like this better than vibrant, and microbacter 7.....Biodigest helped fix whatever bacterial issue was causing all my euphilliya to brown jelly........I know its just another bacteria in a bottle....but maybe the way its preserved, in glass breakable vials that keep the strains of bacteria fresher? Or maybe it's a different blend of scavanger bacterias. That is basically what Vibrant is....its the same bacteria they use in septic systems, that eats all the finky stuff :D:D

That was either green hair algae, or bryposis....either way reef flux would/will take care of it.....And its super easy on the system. Also there is a bottled bacteria that is literally amazing called Prodibo biodigest. I like this better than vibrant, and microbacter 7.....Biodigest helped fix whatever bacterial issue was causing all my euphilliya to brown jelly........I know its just another bacteria in a bottle....but maybe the way its preserved, in glass breakable vials that keep the strains of bacteria fresher? Or maybe it's a different blend of scavanger bacterias. That is basically what Vibrant is....its the same bacteria they use in septic systems, that eats all the finky stuff :D:D
Do I use them together at the same time like the reef flux then then the prodibo ?It says 1 vial per 50 gallon I have an 80 gallon should I use two vials? Instead of throwing half of one out ? I put 2 extra water bubblers in my tank beca it says the brown algae soak up a lot of oxygen.Should I leave them in before and after I use these two chemicals?
thank you so much there were 10000 different answers .One guy told me to throw my tank away lol. Which I’m not ofcourse
thaa as no you very much any help is much appreciated
Bill

I dont think you can overdose beneficial bacteria....being that it is a form of scavanger bacteria, I am under the impression it has a short life span and dies out quick. I notice after I do my water changes. And add in the beneficial bacteria once the water is been run thru the sump for an hour or so. I add the bacteria into a feeding cup of water, and shoot it directly into my live rock, and bio bricks in my sump. Reef flux..aka fluconozole is an anti fungal iirc. I wouldnt add them together. The biodigest should help GHA though.

I dont think you can overdose beneficial bacteria....being that it is a form of scavanger bacteria, I am under the impression it has a short life span and dies out quick. I notice after I do my water changes. And add in the beneficial bacteria once the water is been run thru the sump for an hour or so. I add the bacteria into a feeding cup of water, and shoot it directly into my live rock, and bio bricks in my sump. Reef flux..aka fluconozole is an anti fungal iirc. I wouldnt add them together. The biodigest should help GHA though.
Ok so I’ll do the cables first and the biodigest when I’m done with the reef flux

The biodigest is a much longer treatment....But my also address the algae. Algae is generally a bacteria or nutrient os off. Fluconozole is an anti viral and kills GHA, and a few other algaes, so now sure if algae is more or less just a treatable symptom. And treated with maintaining a proper nutrient:bacterial load. So I stack my deck by using the Biodigest because it to me seems better. Bacteria is stored in glass beakers, I like the idea of this. Seems like more stuff stays alive. I use 1 vial weekly after every water change. Previous to that I did microbacter 7, or Vibrant. I found the Biodigest the best.

Back