Display tank scratched !!

uhupong

BRS Member
I scratched front glass panel of redsea reefer tank. Is there a tip or trick to fix or lessen it?

I’m guessing it’s on the inside of your tank but I read somewhere that you can use clear nail polish to fill the scratch and it makes it less noticeable. I have never tried it but might be worth a shot if it was on the outside.

If anyone is using magnet cleaners on low-iron glass, you should expect the glass to get scratched. In fact, using them on regular glass will probably scratch as well.

Low-iron glass is softer than regular glass, so you have to be careful with it. It has nothing to do with the quality of the glass. I've had the same tank for 8 years and I always carefully scraped the glass by hand until about 18 months ago when I got sick of putting my arm in the tank 2x a week. I bought a Flipper, which I never leave in the tank, always carefully clean afterwards, and only use the blade side. Within a few months there were tons of scratches. They aren't a big deal except at certain angles. For 6 years of hand cleaning, I never had a single scratch.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back