Diving trip to the Seychelles - video on-line

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
A lot of folks have tanks, but don't know what a real reef looks like (and no, the real reef does not have blue LED lights). My wife and I recently made a trip on a "liveaboard" dive boat in the Seychelle islands. I took a bunch of video on a GoPro and cut out the boring stuff. We came across octopuses, really big rays, sharks and lots of other stuff. Have a look.

Great camera work Greg! Glad to see you’re enjoying some travels in your retirement. Way to make us all jealous! So much life down there. Those octopuses hunting was incredibly cool to see. But that turtle should work on his coralline coverage a bit, probably needs to bump up the Alk…

About the nitrox - much of a learning curve? Does it just extend your no decompression time, or more total depth too? That wreck looked deep, but hard to really tell

Nitrox course was easy, but you must have dive computer and record the level of oxygen in your tank carefully in it. I highly recommend. Much less fatigue on long dives. You cannot dive deeper on Nitrox, but for instance you can probably hang out for 20-30 minutes at 90-100 ft, on air you'd need to start coming up within about 5 minutes or so (I'm estimating all this folks, so don't sue me on it!). The wreck was indeed deep, I think about 90 ft.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back