Diy food bags

PSU4ME

BRS Member
I made my own food but these regular ziplock freezer bags suck, bad. Anyone know where they sell better ones like the ones LRS uses?

Someone on this forum posted these a while ago and I started using instead of bags. They work very well. Forget who originally posted them.

Thanks but I’d like to try and keep the bags so the food is covered. I’m making like 12 bags at a time that hold a fat cup of food each.

I made my own food but these regular ziplock freezer bags suck, bad. Anyone know where they sell better ones like the ones LRS uses?
Cabela's makes a vacuum seal bag (for a food saver or other seal-a-bag thing) that has a Ziploc type deal on one end. If you wanted to be able to open and close the bag after thawing it, that could be an option.

Assuming the food is pretty wet when you make it, just freeze in a blob and then vac seal it. Use zipper end to open and close when you need to use it.

Thanks, I think the 6ml bag will work too. Larry’s food is in a 6”/10” bag and hopefully amazon has that size because I don’t need 1000 from Uline!

Really why not? 1,000 seems like not that many lol... I actually purchased a bunch of different 2-6 inch bags and they're so old now that some of the seals have broken so I have to double or triple bag them just to be safe if I get a bag that doesn't leak on me right away lol...

Wait, I always buy by the 1,000s
20200918_192336.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back