DIY Project showcase!!

here are some pics of my recently added fuge. I used the proclear wet dry I already had as my sump and just added the fuge by putting a bulkhead from the box I built into the sump. The basic issue I had was that my 55s center brace makes the space underneath a whole lot smaller than it looks. You can't even fit a 10 gal under there .... I tried.:rolleyes: the clear tubing in the undertank pic caries the water from the sump into the fuge i keep it around 200GPH ....

Attachments

• Bulkhead hole 2.JPG
    Bulkhead hole 2.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 2,804
  • Pluming the fuge.JPG
    Pluming the fuge.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 2,831
  • 55 with fuge.JPG
    55 with fuge.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 2,855
  • Before Refugium.JPG
    Before Refugium.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 2,857
20 gallon tank to start. 11 inch section for skimmer, then the baffles, 8 inches tall x 12 inches wide. It was a nice and snug fit. The space between the baffles was 1 1\4 (or 5\4), I used scrap wood for spacers, 5\4 in between the baffles and under the middle one to keep it all even. Then its the refugium Area. Then the return section which is 4 inches wide and 8 inches tall. The baffle on the return section has 1 inch grooves in the top. Check out http://www.melevsreef.com/acrylics/sumps/glass/index.html
This is where I got the Idea! The funny part about the tank is that it was the 1st tank I ever had. I set that up with fw fish when I was 10. Now I'm now 23. Nothing is trash, right

Attachments

• sump.jpg
    sump.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,775
Here's my most reccent DIY light hood. It's 48" with 2 x 250W DE pheonix 14K, + 1 x 150W DE Ushio 10K, + 2 x 110W actinic VHO, + 4 x lunar lights (moonlights, 2 blue, 2 white).

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the tank, some lights on.

Top view, showing fans. (3 x Silex 90 CFM. Virtually silent.)

my kalk reactor

based after a precision marine one 2 diffrences thou pm is 6" wide mine is 4" pm is 18" tall mine is 23" to make up width lmk what ya think:D

Attachments

• kalk reactor.jpg
    kalk reactor.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,669
I had a thread following the build of my canopy for my 29g tank. Unfortunately that entire thread was documented with a lousy camera phone. I finally got a new digital camera, so I thought I'd throw a few pics of the final product up here.

Attachments

• 1A.jpg
    1A.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 2,638
2-Stage Kalk reactor

KalkReactorPieces2.jpg

The separation between stages is a round electrical box!
Kalk-StageSeparation.jpg

Working using a Iwaki MD 10r pump for stirring controlled by an AC III (4 10 minute cycles per day)

kalkReactor.jpg

yup! My own design. It's made of 4" PVC with a 2" coupler so I can recharge easily. The lower chamber is the "mixing chamber" and is about 3 feet long. The upper chamber is the "settling" chamber and is about 3' long also. I initially put an entire can of lime in but believe that is can hold at least 3 cans.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back